SO PISSED! Our water is shut off today for 4 hours...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

• VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:06 AM

So our water at work is shut off today for 4 fucking hours and we are supposed to walk to another building 2 blocks away. Ok, it's not far, but 4 hours is a long time. I pee once an hour, so should I just sit the fuck up in the other building? Why would they schedule to put all these people out of water for 4 hours in the middle of the work day? I work in Facilities, so I know that you can request these things not be done in the work day, but at night. Why is this ok. I am so pissed I want to slam something.

And to make matters worse, I am using the diva cup full time this month and have my period and am pissy. So I am supposed to walk 2 blocks to pee and empty my diva cup. I won't have the ability to rinse it out and will have to put it back in in a public restroom? And then have to pull my pants up with unwashed hands and go into the area with sinks to wash up? SO GROSS! I am SO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

I wonder why offices even bother opening when there's no water. Seems like a health hazzard to me!

I understand what you're dealing with though. My old job lost water all the time and we'd have to drive to McDonalds to use their bathroom. Lovely.

#3 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

Yeah, and our bldg has a childrens center at one end. That's a health hazzard to not be able to wash hands after changing diapers! I mean, I know there's wipes and all, but that's still really gross.

My co-worker and I are going to try to Marlton, NJ and go to PF Changs for lunch. We are going to take a super long one and I don't give a f*ck what they say. They should've sent us home, or at least warned us. Damn stupid m-f-ers.

#4 Jessica

• VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

I'm pissy enough when they shut off the water at our house, I think I'd be 10 x more pissed if it happened at work!

Isn't it funny though how water shutting off is such a major inconvenience to us and in some countries (i.e Africa), water is basically a luxury.

I didn't even know they had a PF Changs in Marlton. That's great! I'll have to check that out. I always go to the one in Princeton.

#5 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

Seriously? What do they expect everyone to do? That's ridiculous! I would totally say that I had a doctors appt or something and jet on outta there. It's crazy that they're asking everyone to go to another building!!! See ya.

#6 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

LMAO....sorry girl-I'm not laughing at your situation...just laughing how you're PMSing...I am too, and I feel like i could honestly MURDER someone.
              That is the stupidest thing though-Who turns off the water during work hours
              D & K
              October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#7 Jacqueline

• VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

Dang nowwww I understand why you'r cranky today. I'd go home Car, screw that. What PF Changs you going to? You have to drive to NJ today?!!?!?!!?!! WTF!

#8 lmg970

• 316 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

I agree go home. Is there a problem with the plumbing or was this scheduled maintenance. my fi is a plumber and whenever a large building is going to shut off water for work they usually give a notice out.
                  that sucks if you company didnt do that also so at least you would be prepared.

#9 boscobel

• VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:59 PM

So we just took a 2 hour 45 minute lunch. That makes me feel much better, ha, suck that work!

Problem is, now I have to pee and still no water.

#10 Yari

• VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

Dang that is so wrong!

Glad you took a long lunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users