DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#671 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

or buy the polish so you can fix any chips...my toes were fine and i did them before i left.
    make sure if you're getting a french manicure, you specify that when you make your appt. otherwise they don't block off enough time.

#672 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

oh if anyone needs mani/pedis and doesnt want to pay the crazy price at the Dreams Spa of about $100 - I found a great place in town where it is 260 pesos - i.e. $20 US dollars! Super clean and the owner of my welcome dinner restaurant recommended them. So we are paying for mani/pedis for all the wedding party now.

Her name is Toya and her nail salon is on Amapas and Pulpillo next to Banana Cantina - right up the hill from La Palapa restaurant. They are very clean. The owner does not speak english well at all...but hey $20 is worth it IMO!

Jill - my ceremony is at 1:30 so my hair and makeup are at 9am...early!

If anyone wants to schedule any dreams spa appts their email is spa1@dreamspuertovallarta.com.mx and they will confirm right over email for you

#673 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thanks Jess! That is a great price... way better than $55 :)

#674 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

more than $55 at Dreams...my spa list I just got the week before last says:

manicure: $32
          french mani: $48
          spa manicure: $58
          Pedicure: $47
          French pedi: $55

crazy - plus tip!

#675 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
          • 612 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jess
            more than $55 at Dreams...my spa list I just got the week before last says:

manicure: $32
            french mani: $48
            spa manicure: $58
            Pedicure: $47
            French pedi: $55

crazy - plus tip!
            Yep, that's what I have too. Thanks Jess for that referral! Great job!

I might take Lauren and the other girls advice then and maybe get a pedi before I leave, and just get a mani at Dreams.
            I REALLY want to make an appmnt for the Coffee Suduction Wrap, but even after using the $40 coupon, it's still $90 plus tip, so I'm not sure.

I just scheduled my FI and mine free 25 min couples message (the one that comes with the package) - I schedule it for the day we arrive at night time, so we can relax after all the travel - should be nice.
            ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
            My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#676 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

what is the coffee seduction wrap Jill?

#677 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

and Jill and Autumn - what day are you girls arriving again??

#678 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by J&MWedding
                  Yep, that's what I have too. Thanks Jess for that referral! Great job!

I might take Lauren and the other girls advice then and maybe get a pedi before I leave, and just get a mani at Dreams.
                  I REALLY want to make an appmnt for the Coffee Suduction Wrap, but even after using the $40 coupon, it's still $90 plus tip, so I'm not sure.

I just scheduled my FI and mine free 25 min couples message (the one that comes with the package) - I schedule it for the day we arrive at night time, so we can relax after all the travel - should be nice.
                  idk if you've ever gotten a swedish massage before - both of us wanted to crawl out of our skin. it's not a massage - it's just someone touching you. if we could do again, we'd try to upgrade to a deep tissue massage - don't know if it's possible, but would try...

#679 autjo

autjo
                  • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for the advice Lauren.

Jill - I hadn't even thought to book the massages that come with our wedding package.

Jess - I get to Dreams on 12/2. Will you still be there?!?!?

I don't remember talking about this, but I was looking at the Dreams site and it has a section about the Dreams Eternity Honeymoon Package being free if you stay over 7 nights. Anyone talked to the resort/TA/WC about it?

#680 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

Jess, thanks for the great nail salon recommendation! That will be perfect!

Jill, this coffee seduction wrap sounds intriguing! Is it anti-cellulite or something?

Lauren, thanks for the heads-up about the lame massage.
                      You girls will have to report back if you end up having one!

Autumn, I haven't heard/read anything about the dreams eternity honeymoon thing. I don't even know what it is. Anyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users