Destination Dilema.....Jamaica or Costa Rica???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Martee

• 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

We have finally decided after some agonizing discussions to have a destination wedding. We have looking at the Couple's Negril, and the Sandals Dunn's River in Jamaica and the Paradisus Playa Conchal in Costa Rica. I would like to get more information on the Couple's Negril and the Paradsisus? We are looking at getting married the last week of January 2009 so we need to get a jump on it!
    Future Mrs. Storms

30 BOOKED!!

#2 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

There is a lot of info on the forum regarding the different resorts. Check out the resort reviews as well as the Jamaica threads and the Costa Rica threads. Good luck!
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#3 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

You should check out Couples website..there is a forum there that you can look through and it can answer a lot of questions! I am going there (Couples Negril) for my honeymoon in April, so excited!

#4 hollisandsteph

• 419 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

I have been to both Costa Rica and Jamaica. I loved both. I would prolly have to say I liked CR a little better though. It was like 10 years ago so I am sure things have changes alot and it was my first trip out of the US so maybe my opinion doesn't count...lol The one major problem with CR though is that they speak Spanish only there. I was somewhat fluent at the time so I got by. Communication was easier in Jamaica for sure.

#5 JenniferSS

• Banned
          • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:13 AM

All of the resorts and destinations are great- they all offer a different atmosphere and experience! There are a couple of things to keep in mind:

Wedding packages- Paradisus can be more expensive for the wedding portion

Flights- If you plan on having guests, take into account whether the flights from your area are more convienant and less expensive for your guests and whether that wil make a difference on who can and will attend. From most areas, getting to Jamaica can be easier on both the frequency of flights and the wallet.

Do you want an adult only all inclusive or are you fine with having kids around.

I am having a Sandals webinar October 12 at 7pm EST- it's free and may help with your decision!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users