Sign in to follow this  
KAMAY11

Has Anyone Ever Used or Heard of....

I can't be sure of what exactly the bottle looked like, but I'm almost positive it was Maui Babe. I did a search for Maui Babe on Ulta's website & it came back that they carry it, but only in the stores. So, I'm not 100% sure, but if you have an Ulta near by, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check (at the very least it's an awesome store, so it won't be a wasted trip.)

I called an Ulta store after I saw the post and they claim that they carry it. Perhaps it is in a different bottle for that store. I asked for it by name and the girl went to look for it and confirmed they had it. I am going to stop by tomorrow or Wednesday. I will give it a smell since it is supposed to smell like coffee and let everyone know.

I have used countless bottles of Maui Babe, I have always bought it at Longs drug or ABC stoe in Maui. It works AMAZING, it seriously smells so good, like coffee and brown sugar you will want to eat it.

However. I am not sure if it is good for fair skin.I am medium skinned and I can only use it after I have a base tan and for like 1 or 2 hours outside. For instance one time at the end of our vaca I wanted to get really dark, put it all over fell asleep from prob 3 -6 and was very burned. I do use over a light sunsceen (8 or 15) and it works the best for me.

They also make an awesome awesome awesome after sun lotion, that makes your tan last longer and if you do burn less likely to peel. And the smell if so tropical and heavenly.

So after reading this I ran to Ulta after class and they have Maui Babe. The same bottle that I just ordered from Amazon that was fulfilled by Maui Babe co. and cost $21 + $5 s/h censored.gif was $13.50 in Ultasmile29.gif Oh well. But, I did use it in the medium turbo stand up tanner and I am definitely darker. I read that there is one for tanning beds but it was more expensive and I do not lie down on the beds anyway. All the positive feedback made me run out and buy and I'm glad I did! Thanks guys!

I just got back from Ulta and bought some!!

It is the same bottle and label on the maui site. The 8 oz was 13.50ish and then I also bought the bottle for Tanning Salons, much more expensive at $28.00.

Questions for those who use this, do you use the regular one in the beds?? Does it work out good, should I return the Tanning Salon one?

Thanks so much!

I read on the website that the original formula is not good for tanning beds because the mineral oil messes up the acrylic on the beds. Safflower oil is not supposed to mess things up.

I used my Maui Babe yesterday for an hour and a half and I got really dark!!! It smells so good and makes your skin so soft. I definitely recommend it! I didn't buy the tanning bed formula so I am no help soon2bepowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl View Post
I read on the website that the original formula is not good for tanning beds because the mineral oil messes up the acrylic on the beds. Safflower oil is not supposed to mess things up.
The original formula has mineral oil in it? Mineral oil isn't very good for your tan from what I've read, and it definitely screws up the acrylics. Your salon owner will be very pissed if you use it indoors. :-) Also, if you are using a sunless tanner to help along your natural tan, mineral oil will make it streak and flake off. Mineral oil seems moisturizing when you first put it on, but it doesn't actually moisturize your skin. It just puts a layer between you and the elements, so that your skin doesn't lose as much of the moisture it actually has.

I've never come across this thread till now but I love Maui Babe - and I'm the palest person you'll ever meet - it even gets me a *little* tan :) - smells yummy too