Jump to content

Photo

~~Hurricane Ike~~


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
  • Jr. Member
  • 397 posts

    Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

    stay safe! i'm in SA, and this stuff is never really a threat...until now!! my friend had a huuuuge shower planned for saturday, and they just canceled it bc of ike! craziness! hopefully everyone stays safe!

    #22 LisaG

    LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

      Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

      Martha - I've been thinking about you guys. How is the weather now? I didn't realize that it was the pressure change that might cause pre-term labor. Make sense. I thought you just had a feeling you might go into early labor. How are you feeling?

      #23 Martha

      Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

        Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

        I'll keep in contact....looks like it's going to hit above us now...yay for us, boo for them.

        I am feeling good right now...nothing going on. We bought a crapton of water and food we can eat just in case we lose power....then my mom came home with a generator! ha! I am glad we are staying with my parents right now...I feel like I have to take care of them, even though they are in better "condition" than I am!

        #24 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:44 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Just Martha
          I'll keep in contact....looks like it's going to hit above us now...yay for us, boo for them.

          I am feeling good right now...nothing going on. We bought a crapton of water and food we can eat just in case we lose power....then my mom came home with a generator! ha! I am glad we are staying with my parents right now...I feel like I have to take care of them, even though they are in better "condition" than I am!
          i just looked at the new projected path. I hope it loses strength because it's heading right for my family.

          #25 LisaG

          LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

            Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

            Oh this hurricane sucks!

            Martha - I'm glad you are feeling ok right now. I'm sure your parents are glad you guys are there with them. I think the food, water and generator is a great idea. You can never be too prepared.

            Morgan - I'm so sorry to hear it's heading towards your family. Are you in contact with them? Have they had to evacuate?

            Funny story....well not really funny but kinda. Our boss lives in Houston and is in our Dallas office Mon-Thur. Well, he is at home right now (in Houston) TAPEING up his windows. Uuummm hello....tape? Seriously? What is he thinking? They're saying Houston may only get like 80mph winds - which is definitely something your windows can handle - but tape? He cracks me up!!

            #26 Yari

            Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

              Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

              Morgan - Oh no! Don't worry though hopefully the path will change.

              Martha - Gotta love parents!!!

              #27 rodent

              rodent

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

                Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LisaG
                Oh this hurricane sucks!

                Martha - I'm glad you are feeling ok right now. I'm sure your parents are glad you guys are there with them. I think the food, water and generator is a great idea. You can never be too prepared.

                Morgan - I'm so sorry to hear it's heading towards your family. Are you in contact with them? Have they had to evacuate?

                Funny story....well not really funny but kinda. Our boss lives in Houston and is in our Dallas office Mon-Thur. Well, he is at home right now (in Houston) TAPEING up his windows. Uuummm hello....tape? Seriously? What is he thinking? They're saying Houston may only get like 80mph winds - which is definitely something your windows can handle - but tape? He cracks me up!!
                they have not had to evacuate their town. my mom doesn't evacuate even if it's advised. She'd only do it if its mandatory. a few years ago when rita hit, the evacuation was the worst part. also, there was a time she didn't evacuate & a tornado hit where she would have gone. something similar happened to mike's parents.

                the area we live in doesn't flood. my town had a huge flood in 98 & our house was fine.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yari
                Morgan - Oh no! Don't worry though hopefully the path will change.

                Martha - Gotta love parents!!!
                I always hope for it to lose power. I know people all along the coast so there isn't anywhere better for it to go.

                my family is prepared. we've been through many hurricanes. we still get nervous though.

                #28 EricaG

                EricaG
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,915 posts

                  Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

                  Martha - I am glad to hear that you won't be getting the worst of it anymore, but I do feel bad for those who will be getting it.

                  Morgan - That really sucks that it is heading straight for your family, but I am glad to hear that they are ready for it. My thoughts are with everyone that will be affected by the hurricane. Lets hope it loses strength and doesn't cause very much damage. Everyone keep us posted on how you and your families are doing!
                  http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

                  Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

                  #29 rodent

                  rodent

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

                    Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:56 PM

                    my mom said it's heading more towards mike's family (near galveston). they are only having people evacuate that live in low-lying areas. my aunt & cousin have evacuated.

                    everyone is ready for the storm. now it's just waiting & hoping it's not a bad one.

                    #30 Banana11

                    Banana11
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,841 posts

                      Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

                      I can't imagine how scary that must be and the unknown of what will come. Sounds like they are all well prepared though and that's all you can do!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users