Photo

May 2009 Brides

• Please log in to reply
1293 replies to this topic

#1031 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

so I went from a wedding of 42 to a wedding of maybe 18. I have cried the entire day. Pretty much besides myself-fiance doesn't get it-I keep telling him that i have wanted this wedding since I was a child and now it might not happen because of this flu situation. I literally have hired a DJ, a photographer, a videogapher-and will now only have 18 people if i am lucky. UGH. I really dont know what to do now

#1032 mfry

mfry
    • 86 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

This flu sucks!!!!! I am sorry for everyone hope it works out!!!!
      Check out my wedding website!! www.wedpagedesigns.com/sinnott

#1033 mfry

mfry
      • 86 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

Here is my dress finally!!!

front

Click the image to open in full size.

Back

Back with train up

Michelle

#1034 mfry

mfry
        • 86 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

Here are some pics from my bachleorette party!!!

#1035 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
          • 475 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

the dress looks great.. and ur bach party looked like tons of fun!! :) thanks for the posts!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
            All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#1036 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
            • 408 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hartyt509
              Lol maybride2009 it isn't just you - but honestly let it go just thing right "whatever" only way to get through it lol

Btw you must be mad letting MIL change your destination - there again I don't like the easy life and would have stuck to original plans to just piss mine off lol
              It was a HUGE moment of "let's just keep the peace" Not that I am not looking forward to the mexico wedding...it just wasn't what I originally envisioned.

Thanks so much ladies for your support. Have tried to be positive through this whole thing and I kinda feel like kitty from that 70's show "oh everything is swell" everytime something crappy happens...and I just cracked...
              Feeling a bit better. We will be married somewhere and hopefully my dress will not be clumped up all around my waist!

#1037 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
              • 408 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
                Awww, Michelle, I feel your pain, truly. Hopefully in a few weeks from now, we can share a toast at the RPDC to all the craziness that is going on right now. Hugs.
                Oh you are going to be there with me?? How exciting...when do you arrive? We have to have a drink...I will need one!

#1038 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
                • 408 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Blkatz
                  so I went from a wedding of 42 to a wedding of maybe 18. I have cried the entire day. Pretty much besides myself-fiance doesn't get it-I keep telling him that i have wanted this wedding since I was a child and now it might not happen because of this flu situation. I literally have hired a DJ, a photographer, a videogapher-and will now only have 18 people if i am lucky. UGH. I really dont know what to do now
                  Hang in there!
                  I am so sorry this is happening to you. I wish people would do some research before they panic. Jax was right..something like 36000-40000 people die of the regular flu every year...there is absolutely no reason to panic and you have to be in CLOSE contact to get it.
                  I'm so sorry...I don't think anyone knows how much of ourselves we put into these events.

#1039 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                  • 475 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

MAY BRIDES UNITE AGAINST SWINE FLU!!!!!!

I really hope that i dont hear anymore people backing out of weddings because of this darn flu!! I cannot believe what is happening ... BLKATZ.. im thinking about u !!! just know that those 18 guests that do show up... are showing up beacuse they really really care about you and ur FI... it may seem like a terrible tragedy (i would look at it like that too) but keep your head up and make the best out of the situation... those people are coming for a reason and that reason is YOU and FI!!!! ... they love you we love you and you will have a wonderful wedding!!

Now, to all those people cancelling flights and trips, GROW UP!!!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                    All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#1040 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Blkatz
                      i am SO sorry this has happened to you ... i can't believe so many of your guests have backed out. but your wedding WILL happen, you will still be a beautiful bride, you'll still have amazing photos ... it will just be a smaller crowd. when all this blows over and you return home happily married (and perfectly HEALTHY) the people who panicked and canceled last minute will be positively kicking themselves.

all the best to you, your FI, and the family and friends who are sticking by you through all of this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users