here's mine:

Wedding Attire

What should I wear to the wedding?

We are having a relaxed, beach wedding weekend, so we are encouraging a "beach chic" look for the events. For the ceremony, men should wear a nice shirt and pants (Tommy Bahama look is good), suits and ties are ok but not required by any means. Women should wear dresses. Sandals are ok, but please no shorts and flip flops during the ceremony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montezuma's Revenge

Can I drink the water?

The water supply for all of Los Cabos is spring fed ground water. The water here is very pure, but be careful. The pipes used for distribution of the water supply and other factors can lead to contamination. Although many people drink the water directly from the tap, it is not recommended. Anywhere in the world, a change in drinking water can cause stomach distress.

We recommend that you drink only bottled or purified water. All of the major hotels purify their water or serve purified water. However, you are better off ALWAYS drinking bottled water, even to brush your teeth. Dreams Resort provides free water bottles in your rooms.

"Auga Purificado" is what you want.

What food should I stay away from?

We suggest steering clear of anything that has been washed in unpurified water, such as lettuce (this means no salad), and fruit that can't be peeled. When in doubt, do not eat it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather

What will the weather be like?

It is paradise all year round with clear skies 360 days of the year and temperatures averaging around 78 degrees with minor fluctuations. Los Cabos may have about 5 rainy days each year generally in late August and September. The old saying - when it rains it pours, is very true of the rains in Los Cabos.

In the summer months, it can get VERY hot in Cabo, but hopefully May will still be on the mild side.

Month Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

Jun

Jul

Aug

Sep

Oct

Nov

Dec

Temperature

Rain Fall

Cabo San Lucas Average Temperatures (in F):

May highs: 80-85 lows: 65-70

June highs: 80-85 lows: 67-72

Current weather in Los Cabos:

Los Cabos, Mexico

Get the 10 day forecast

Pollen Reports

Airport Delays

Special Events

84 °F

Mostly Cloudy

Feels Like: 83°F

Humidity: 25%

Wind: SSE at 16 mph

Download Desktop Weather

Travel Documents

Do I need a passport?

Short answer: at this time, it is not legally required to have a passport to travel to Mexico, but you will need your original birth certificate that has an embossed stamp of authenticity. We recommend that you do get a passport as there are reports of people having some trouble travelling without one. You can read more in depth about it at this website that has all the new and updated information about traveling to Mexico.

Currency

Can I use the U.S. Dollar?

Dollars and Pesos are widely accepted all over Los Cabos. Credit Cards are also accepted for most purchases, and you will often get the best excange rate by using a credit card. ATM's are also avliable in downtown areas.

General Info

Where is Los Cabos?

Los Cabos is the municipality which includes the cities of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and located in the state of Baja California Sur.

Cabo San Lucas is located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula in the State of Baja California Sur. Cabo is approximately 1,000 miles south of San Diego, California, 10 degrees below the Tropic of Cancer at a latitude of approximately 22 degrees. Cabo San Lucas is approximately 20 miles southwest of the Los Cabos International Airport.

Here's mine:

What is the weather like during March in Cancun?

Average High: 84

Average Low: 71

What sort of attire is appropriate for the wedding?

We don't want to tell you what to wear- but since you asked, tropical formal attire would be most appropriate. Suggestions for tropical formal attire include:

Men:

- linen or cotten dress pants

- collard golf or button down shirts

- summery suits

Women:

- sundresses

- dress pants or capris

- blouses or lightweight twinsets

- summery skirt suits

Will I be able to call home?

Glad you asked. It is very expensive to call from the resort - even when using your own calling card. We would recommend purchasing a pre-paid calling card upon arrival in Cancun. From what we hear, the Mexico calling cards you can buy in the States DO NOT WORK when calling from Mexico - only to.

What happens after we land in Cancun?

You will first need to proceed to immigration. You will be given a tourist card. DO NOT LOSE IT, as you need to present this card when you leave Mexico. If lost, you will be fined. Next, you will go through customs, where you press a button - green means you're all good, red means they will search your things. Please check online to be sure you are not bringing any prohibited items (such as fresh fruits or vegetables) into Mexico. Please refer to the State Department's website for more tips for travelers to Mexico: Tips for Travelers to Mexico

Do I need to convert money?

Mexicans use the Peso as their currency. The Mexican government permits tourists to exchange dollars for pesos at the fluctuating free market rate. Most places accept the US Dollar, but you get a better exchange rate if you convert to Pesos. Only exchange what you need for each day as the rate changes daily.

Take travelers checks with you. Personal U.S. checks are rarely accepted by Mexican hotels or banks. Major credit cards are accepted in many hotels, shops and restaurants. An exchange office (casa de cambios) usually gives a better rate of exchange than do stores, hotels or restaurants.

Can I drink the water?

Drink only bottled water or water that has been boiled for 20 minutes. Beware of ice cubes that may not have been made with purified water. Vegetables and fruits should be peeled or washed in a purifying solution. If you can't peel it or cook it, do NOT eat it. Don't eat food purchased from street vendors. Don't eat dairy products unless you know for a fact that they have been pasteurized.

Is it safe to walk around the town at night?

Yes, definitely. You should feel much safer in Cancun than in the United States. There is very little crime here, and what does exist is usually petty compared to the U.S. The tourist police here are friendly and very helpful. Use your common sense, and be careful. Leave your fancy jewelry at home! After dark, stay on the main streets; do not wander on the beaches late at night. Never flash large amounts of money.