Photo

1000th post, my good deed of the day

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

I sent my daughter to school with extra school supplies today. I told her that they were any student that may not have been able to find/buy everything on the list and to give them to her teacher. Perhaps, a little pay it forward would help lighten the mood! What good deed will you do today?

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

what a nice thread to start. I try to do a good deed of the day each day. I found that nothing snaps me out of a bad mood faster than doing something nice for someone else.

I park in a visitor lot so often my good deed is just giving someone who is lost detailed directions.

A great one done by someone else recently was this:

a friend of mine is going though a rough time. her mom has cancer for the 2nd time in 4 years. a coworker put a giftbag on her desk full of smaller packages wrapped in tissue. the note said to open one on days when she needs a pick me up. they were just trinkets & chocolate. This friend copied the idea & did the same thing for her mom. her mom said it has been a wonderful thing to get her through a tough time.

I've been meaning to put some stuff together to send the friend's mom. things like magazines, a cd of uplifting music, etc. maybe i'll do that today for my good deed o' the day.

#3 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
      • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        what a nice thread to start. I try to do a good deed of the day each day. I found that nothing snaps me out of a bad mood faster than doing something nice for someone else.

I park in a visitor lot so often my good deed is just giving someone who is lost detailed directions.

A great one done by someone else recently was this:

a friend of mine is going though a rough time. her mom has cancer for the 2nd time in 4 years. a coworker put a giftbag on her desk full of smaller packages wrapped in tissue. the note said to open one on days when she needs a pick me up. they were just trinkets & chocolate. This friend copied the idea & did the same thing for her mom. her mom said it has been a wonderful thing to get her through a tough time.

I've been meaning to put some stuff together to send the friend's mom. things like magazines, a cd of uplifting music, etc. maybe i'll do that today for my good deed o' the day.
        I love this idea, I am stealing it!

#4 yamille

yamille
        • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

Great thread! This morning I helped one of the elderly ladies in my building in with her groceries- but I always do that if I see someone struggling.
          - I think an actual good deed yesterday was that I helped a man who's metrocard was empty. I have a monthly unlimited and he was foreign and kept swiping it- I was one my way out and swiped him in. He was confused but grateful. :)

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

You girls are a lot nicer than me.
            I guess listening to a telemarketer's whole pitch and not flipping out on them, isn't really a good deal! i have to do something nice now.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Sah

Sah
            • 204 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

I love good deeds. They remind me that there are good people in the world. Today there was a woman in front of me on the subway who must have gotten dressed in the dark (sooo me) and was wearing her shirt inside out and backwards. I gently mentioned it to her.

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

hmmmm. today i checked in a passenger who was not 1st class even tho i was working the 1st class line.

baby steps. i will find something better than that later today!

#8 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

hmm I got up at 4:30 and let my hubby sleep until 6:30 (does that count?)
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
              • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Christine
                hmm I got up at 4:30 and let my hubby sleep until 6:30 (does that count?)
                Damn straight it does!

#10 LisaG

LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

I bought 3 bags of chocolate yesterday to share with my office. It got everyone through the rest of the day - happy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users