Photo

Larger busted - sewn in cups? bustier???

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

I went to a 'professional' bra place yesterday to try a bunch on and the lady said she would feel bad selling me one because I didn't need one! I had shown her my dress and she said my dress would be more then enough. It already has boning in it so it should hold me up good. She gave me the name of a different lady for alterations and I'm taking my dress there tomorrow instead of the original place!

#12 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
    • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:21 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by RyanAmanda
      I went to a 'professional' bra place yesterday to try a bunch on and the lady said she would feel bad selling me one because I didn't need one! I had shown her my dress and she said my dress would be more then enough. It already has boning in it so it should hold me up good. She gave me the name of a different lady for alterations and I'm taking my dress there tomorrow instead of the original place!
      Very interesting! And also very cool of her to be so honest :)

#13 JoLo908

JoLo908
      • 889 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

le mystere... I believe that is how you spell it. they are the BEST bras, and they make them strapless. I do not know if your dress can use a strapless bra, but these are the best... I have enormous boobs... I am typically a 38DDD or G and I can use their strapless bras... you can get them at Bra Smyth or probably Nordstrom... GREAT bras

#14 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:57 AM

Damn girl, I almost think I should post because I don't even know what an E is like!

But I will tell you my experience. I am a 36D and thought I needed cups sewn in too. The thought of wearing anything other than my dress seemed crazy! As it turned out, my dress was well fitted & well "boned" and I didn't need anything! Yes, I was completely boob naked under my dress.

I don't know what your dress is like, but if it's a substantial bodice, you might just want a really good couple of fittings to get it right.

Maybe I'm crazy? IDK. But, I can't imagine a beach wedding with a bustier.

#15 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:15 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JoLo908
            le mystere... I believe that is how you spell it. they are the BEST bras, and they make them strapless. I do not know if your dress can use a strapless bra, but these are the best... I have enormous boobs... I am typically a 38DDD or G and I can use their strapless bras... you can get them at Bra Smyth or probably Nordstrom... GREAT bras
            Thanks for the tip! I'm totally going to check them out this weekend! I'm a 36DD and that's with a reduction. I completely feel everyone's big boobed situations :).

#16 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
            • 39 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

I went to have my second fitting yesterday... She had fixed the boob area to make it tighter so I wouldn't need a bra. I was a little hesitant to believe her, but it worked! It looked nice, held 'em in, and was very comfortable.

#17 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JoLo908
                I am going to see if I can find these! I totally need a strapless bra!

As far as the dress goes, I ended up getting a dress with a back in it so I could wear a bra. What does your dress look like?

I'm glad you'll get a new seamstress. I'm sure you'll be fine.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#18 JoLo908

JoLo908
                • 889 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

Oh, PS... I should have put this as well... you can find these bras at TJMAXX and Marshalls... it obviously depends which store, but they are a steal at around $13... they are expensive in the other stores, but worth the money for a good supportive bra.

#19 nicole.gia

nicole.gia
                  • 318 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

Le Mystere is the best strapless bra I have ever found! It is the only one to hold my boobs in place without making me feel like I am going to faint. I am a 32DDDD (yeah that exists! and sucks!) and for a normal bra I wear Chantelle. Both brands are available at Nordstrom, and the ladies in there are SO helpful. I didn't even think about having cups sewn in to a gown...gosh so much to think about!

#20 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
                    • 609 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nicole.gia
                      Le Mystere is the best strapless bra I have ever found! It is the only one to hold my boobs in place without making me feel like I am going to faint. I am a 32DDDD (yeah that exists! and sucks!) and for a normal bra I wear Chantelle. Both brands are available at Nordstrom, and the ladies in there are SO helpful. I didn't even think about having cups sewn in to a gown...gosh so much to think about!
                      OMG I can't believe I found some one else in the world that is my size! I think my boobs are my biggest obstacle to finding a wedding dress. I haven't started trying things on yet but I think it's going to suck.

I usually order my bras from figleaves.com or bravissimo.com. They seem to have every size imaginable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users