Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RyanAmanda

Larger busted - sewn in cups? bustier???

Recommended Posts

I went to a 'professional' bra place yesterday to try a bunch on and the lady said she would feel bad selling me one because I didn't need one! I had shown her my dress and she said my dress would be more then enough. It already has boning in it so it should hold me up good. She gave me the name of a different lady for alterations and I'm taking my dress there tomorrow instead of the original place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAmanda View Post
I went to a 'professional' bra place yesterday to try a bunch on and the lady said she would feel bad selling me one because I didn't need one! I had shown her my dress and she said my dress would be more then enough. It already has boning in it so it should hold me up good. She gave me the name of a different lady for alterations and I'm taking my dress there tomorrow instead of the original place!
Very interesting! And also very cool of her to be so honest :) thewave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

le mystere... I believe that is how you spell it. they are the BEST bras, and they make them strapless. I do not know if your dress can use a strapless bra, but these are the best... I have enormous boobs... I am typically a 38DDD or G and I can use their strapless bras... you can get them at Bra Smyth or probably Nordstrom... GREAT bras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn girl, I almost think I should post because I don't even know what an E is like!

 

But I will tell you my experience. I am a 36D and thought I needed cups sewn in too. The thought of wearing anything other than my dress seemed crazy! As it turned out, my dress was well fitted & well "boned" and I didn't need anything! Yes, I was completely boob naked under my dress.

 

I don't know what your dress is like, but if it's a substantial bodice, you might just want a really good couple of fittings to get it right.

 

Maybe I'm crazy? IDK. But, I can't imagine a beach wedding with a bustier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
le mystere... I believe that is how you spell it. they are the BEST bras, and they make them strapless. I do not know if your dress can use a strapless bra, but these are the best... I have enormous boobs... I am typically a 38DDD or G and I can use their strapless bras... you can get them at Bra Smyth or probably Nordstrom... GREAT bras
Thanks for the tip! I'm totally going to check them out this weekend! I'm a 36DD and that's with a reduction. I completely feel everyone's big boobed situations :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to have my second fitting yesterday... She had fixed the boob area to make it tighter so I wouldn't need a bra. I was a little hesitant to believe her, but it worked! It looked nice, held 'em in, and was very comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
le mystere... I believe that is how you spell it. they are the BEST bras, and they make them strapless. I do not know if your dress can use a strapless bra, but these are the best... I have enormous boobs... I am typically a 38DDD or G and I can use their strapless bras... you can get them at Bra Smyth or probably Nordstrom... GREAT bras
I am going to see if I can find these! I totally need a strapless bra!

As far as the dress goes, I ended up getting a dress with a back in it so I could wear a bra. What does your dress look like?

I'm glad you'll get a new seamstress. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, PS... I should have put this as well... you can find these bras at TJMAXX and Marshalls... it obviously depends which store, but they are a steal at around $13... they are expensive in the other stores, but worth the money for a good supportive bra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Le Mystere is the best strapless bra I have ever found! It is the only one to hold my boobs in place without making me feel like I am going to faint. I am a 32DDDD (yeah that exists! and sucks!) and for a normal bra I wear Chantelle. Both brands are available at Nordstrom, and the ladies in there are SO helpful. I didn't even think about having cups sewn in to a gown...gosh so much to think about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole.gia View Post
Le Mystere is the best strapless bra I have ever found! It is the only one to hold my boobs in place without making me feel like I am going to faint. I am a 32DDDD (yeah that exists! and sucks!) and for a normal bra I wear Chantelle. Both brands are available at Nordstrom, and the ladies in there are SO helpful. I didn't even think about having cups sewn in to a gown...gosh so much to think about!
OMG I can't believe I found some one else in the world that is my size! I think my boobs are my biggest obstacle to finding a wedding dress. I haven't started trying things on yet but I think it's going to suck.

I usually order my bras from figleaves.com or bravissimo.com. They seem to have every size imaginable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×