Jump to content

Photo

Tell us something we didn't know about you.


  • Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61 LisaG

LisaG
  • VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

    Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

    o.k., I REALLY need to be working because this site has caused me to fall behind. I'm up to my eyeballs in freakin new account docs. Anyway, we were just taking about this at dinner last night, so it's fresh on my mind....

    I have to have all white hangers in my closet. No wire hangers and no colored hangers. If I get my clothes from the cleaners....I have to switch to white hangers before they get hung up. My clothes all have to face the same way, jeans together, black slacks, t's and so on. Oh and James CAN NOT do laundry!! He purposely put my clothes on the hanger wrong just because he thinks it's funny to watch me re-do everything. And he can't fold towels because they have to be folded a certain way and he just doesn't get it.

    In my pantry, all the labels have to face forward and be lined up perfectly and boxes have to face the same way.

    #62 CourtneyV

    CourtneyV
    • Sr. Member
    • 4,979 posts

      Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:31 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      ohh, I like this one!

      Here are my quirks

      1. i hate socks! i take them off the second I get home, or to a place that doesn't require that i wear them.

      2. i hate walking on decks barefoot. Once as a kid I shuffled my feet across my neighboors deck and got literally hundreds of slivers. I remember crying and laying on the couch with my bear Polely and a sippy cup of apple juice and my parents each working on one foot. gives me the shivers thinking about ti
      Umm, ok that sounds incredibly painful. I remember I went to a cabin once and they warned me of that there, and for some retarded reason I didn't listen... I was SO lucky not to get a single sliver because they kept warning me. Looking back, I realize how stupid that was. Even I get the shivers when I think about your story!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      3. i was once addiceted to weight loss pills. the kind with ephedra in them. in college i took one every morning. One morning i couldn't find them and I ripped apart my room to find them. After I found them I looked around and thought "oh, shit, I'm addicted" and quit cold turkey.
      Wow, that's kind of scarey. How long were you addicted to them for?? That's good though that you had a realization like that - your "ah - ha" moment.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      4. i freak if I don't have chapstick close by

      5. i LOVE bruce springsteen.
      Omg me too! Well, not the bruce springsteen part, the chapstick part! lol. I seriously ALWAYS have one with me - even in vehicle I pay potentially be in, I've stashed a chapstick (e.g. my parent's cars)... lol it's sad.... (have we talked about this before?!)
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

      #63 tvt

      tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

        Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

        I think we have talked about the chapstick before!

        I was on my second bottle of them when I realized I was addicted. It was tough to stop, but I was like a crazed woman trying to find them - it was scarey.

        #64 Rachelle E.

        Rachelle E.
        • VIP Member
        • 4,116 posts

          Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:28 PM

          Quote:
          I have to have all white hangers in my closet. No wire hangers and no colored hangers. If I get my clothes from the cleaners....I have to switch to white hangers before they get hung up. My clothes all have to face the same way, jeans together, black slacks, t's and so on. Oh and James CAN NOT do laundry!! He purposely put my clothes on the hanger wrong just because he thinks it's funny to watch me re-do everything. And he can't fold towels because they have to be folded a certain way and he just doesn't get it.

          In my pantry, all the labels have to face forward and be lined up perfectly and boxes have to face the same way.
          OMG! Freaky. I'm am pretty much the exact same about all that stuff! Lol! I think it's called OCD. Lol!

          The color of the hangers isn't AS important to me...although I strongly prefer white. But everything in my closet is organized not only by item (pants, jeans, shirts, skirts etc.) but also by color. . .and even worse, they all go from light to dark from the left to right. Like pinks on the left up to deeper reds on the right, from whites to creams and ivorys etc. Confusing, but it's how I like it!

          So yeah, David isn't really allowed to do laundry either...I'm way too picky. And I'm a freak about the towel folding thing too. That really irks me for some reason if they're not folded the "right" way. It makes David crazy!

          And the same about the pantry and the fridge too. Everything has a place. And it's funny because I feel really, truly shocked when David puts something on the wrong shelf. Like, why would you put chips on the cereal shelf?!! It's pretty goofy. . . LoL!

          #65 bride2be

          bride2be
          • Newbie
          • 60 posts

            Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
            Oooh that sounds like fun! Where are y'all going?
            We are doing a Contiki tour through Europe - 16 countries in 35 days (it will be very fast paced) and then we are backpacking through Thailand and Australia.

            #66 CourtneyV

            CourtneyV
            • Sr. Member
            • 4,979 posts

              Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by redwards
              The color of the hangers isn't AS important to me...although I strongly prefer white. But everything in my closet is organized not only by item (pants, jeans, shirts, skirts etc.) but also by color. . .and even worse, they all go from light to dark from the left to right. Like pinks on the left up to deeper reds on the right, from whites to creams and ivorys etc. Confusing, but it's how I like it!
              I'm the same way too... but I think its from working in retail and having to do it that way - it really does organize the space!! Sweaters, pants, skirts, shirts etc are separated and then organized by colour, and then the hangers all have to face the same way (it's such a hassle when the face different directions!)... I didn't think that was a quirk though, I just thought it was basic organization!!! haha.
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

              #67 LisaG

              LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

                Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by redwards
                OMG! Freaky. I'm am pretty much the exact same about all that stuff! Lol! I think it's called OCD. Lol!

                The color of the hangers isn't AS important to me...although I strongly prefer white. But everything in my closet is organized not only by item (pants, jeans, shirts, skirts etc.) but also by color. . .and even worse, they all go from light to dark from the left to right. Like pinks on the left up to deeper reds on the right, from whites to creams and ivorys etc. Confusing, but it's how I like it!

                So yeah, David isn't really allowed to do laundry either...I'm way too picky. And I'm a freak about the towel folding thing too. That really irks me for some reason if they're not folded the "right" way. It makes David crazy!

                And the same about the pantry and the fridge too. Everything has a place. And it's funny because I feel really, truly shocked when David puts something on the wrong shelf. Like, why would you put chips on the cereal shelf?!! It's pretty goofy. . . LoL!
                That's hilarious!! James just shakes his head at me. The fridge thing gets me too!! I know what shelf everything is on, and if it's not there, I'm like....why did you move that!!!

                #68 KAMEYER70

                KAMEYER70
                • Newbie
                • 108 posts

                  Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

                  This one is just strange... my fiance and I have the same last name. Spelled the same and everything. Our STD's read: Meyer-Meyer Wedding. :)
                  KM
                  Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand
                  10.20.07

                  #69 CourtneyV

                  CourtneyV
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 4,979 posts

                    Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
                    This one is just strange... my fiance and I have the same last name. Spelled the same and everything. Our STD's read: Meyer-Meyer Wedding. :)
                    Haha - thats awesome!! At least you don't have to worry about changing your last name!
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

                    #70 tvt

                    tvt
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,812 posts

                      Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

                      I'm the same way with hangers and organizing clothes!! they all have to face one direction, sort by color and type of clothing! too funny!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users