Photo

Marriage Certificate

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

So I originally wanted to be legally married in Mexico for all the right reasons - and also because I have seen pictures of the wedding license/certificate (my fiance calls it the mexican wedding gift certificate...lol) and I really wanted one - we are no longer doing the legal wedding in Mexico and I was wondering if anyone knew if a symbolic wedding included a symbolic marriage license certificate or if there is a company that you can request one from?

(completely silly)

http://i74.photobuck....ypics025-1.jpg
    Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

Hmmm,, If I can remember I don't "think" you get a certificate for a religious wedding. But I could be wrong. Maybe some of the WC do something, but I would check with your resort or WC.

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by tob1kanobe
        So I originally wanted to be legally married in Mexico for all the right reasons - and also because I have seen pictures of the wedding license/certificate (my fiance calls it the mexican wedding gift certificate...lol) and I really wanted one - we are no longer doing the legal wedding in Mexico and I was wondering if anyone knew if a symbolic wedding included a symbolic marriage license certificate or if there is a company that you can request one from?

(completely silly)
        Not silly - I want one too! That's a good question - I am going to ask my WC. I want something to say where we had our ceremony, since that will be the date we celebrate as our wedding date.

#4 MarryingMyLove

MarryingMyLove
        • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

That's good that you are getting a legal wedding outside Mexico, the whole blood withdrawal in another country really freaks me out. Must it really be done on the morning of your wedding? I hate needles so I could never do it let alone on the morning of the wedding. I hope you find a good alternative for the certificate, I'd love to see one since you called it a gift certificate lol.

#5 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

Toby...when we applied for our marriage license, along with it came a "souveneir marriage certificate" that can be filled out with the date, time, location, etc. It's for keepsake/display purposes only. Perhaps you will get one of those when you get your license??

#6 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
            • 486 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

(completely silly)

#7 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
              • 413 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                Not silly - I want one too! That's a good question - I am going to ask my WC. I want something to say where we had our ceremony, since that will be the date we celebrate as our wedding date.

Ann, you do get a marriage certificate for your Las Caletas wedding! It says you were married on such and such date, but then at the bottom in small print, it says something about not legally binding, etc...

Lindsay

#8 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
                • 216 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:09 PM

If I would have actually read the information on the Riu website I would have noticed that yes we do get a non binding non legal marriage (gift) certificate - in spanish...yay!!! Now I am onto a new battle - seems that you cannot do their cheapy package if you have more than 10 people. But, my response is what if i don't want all of the crap that comes in the bigger, more expensive package - oh yeah ladies...there is gonna be a battle. Its bad enough we have to pay for our booze at the AI resort....my attitude... Bring It!!!
                  http://i74.photobuck....ypics025-1.jpg
                  Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#9 itsme7396

itsme7396
                  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

hi...

i would think they would give you some kind of non-legal certificate... i just had my wedding in PDC... and we were given a signed wedding certificate by the minister that did it... just check with your WC...

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:43 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Feb14Bride
                      Ann, you do get a marriage certificate for your Las Caletas wedding! It says you were married on such and such date, but then at the bottom in small print, it says something about not legally binding, etc...

Lindsay
                      Sweeeeeeet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users