Sign in to follow this  
MARIAELM

Eternity band pros & cons?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a diamond eternity band for my wedding ring. Anyone know of any good pros or cons? My engagment ring (see attached pic) is a half-eternity. Anyway, just looking for helpful feedback. Thanks!

LL

my engagement ring is similiar..

Click the image to open in full size.

i chose the ring that goes with it...i like that i can easily rotat it so it looks like a band when i am in shady neighborhoods, etc

also, it is a PITA to keep the little diamons clean so i am glad i dont have them around the ring.

your set is beautiful! good points about the cleaning and security issues - thanks. after all my research today, i guess i'm leaning away from the eternity band and only going for the half-eternity. more diamonds sounded good though... wink.gif

how did you get the image in the body of the message instead of an attachment?

I am also only getting diamonds halfway around, which matches my engagement ring. I like saving money, and I didn't want to get callouses on my palm from the skin rubbing up on rough little diamonds all the time (maybe that's weird?)

You guys are reading my mind! Last night I was scouring websites trying to figure out what to do for a band. My engagement ring doesn't pair with a band so I just need to find something to wear when I'm traveling.

I am so behind on knowing anything about these things. Is it unusual to just wear your engagement ring without a band? Does an eternity ring mean the diamonds go all the way around? Is there a difference between a wedding ring (band) and an anniversary ring! UGH! Can you tell I don't have sisters?

i don't think it's weird to just wear the engagement ring. i think most people just want more jewelry or to receive something new on their wedding day.

yes, an eternity ring has diamonds all the way around.

i don't really know the difference between a wedding band and an anniversary band. i've read that a wedding band can be anything you want to buy and wear for your wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATASHA View Post
You guys are reading my mind! Last night I was scouring websites trying to figure out what to do for a band. My engagement ring doesn't pair with a band so I just need to find something to wear when I'm traveling.

I am so behind on knowing anything about these things. Is it unusual to just wear your engagement ring without a band? Does an eternity ring mean the diamonds go all the way around? Is there a difference between a wedding ring (band) and an anniversary ring! UGH! Can you tell I don't have sisters?

I've also been going back and forth on rather or not to get an eternity band. Here are my thoughts. With a 1/2 band coverd in diamonds, you have the option to engrave your ring, which could be nice. However with the eternity band you won't have to worry about the band turning all the time and fixing it to match your ring.

Right now I'm leaning towards the eternity band, my FI and I do alot of outdoor sports so want a ring that will look nice by it's self because I won't be wearing my E-ring for most of these sports (IE, snowboarding, surfing, mountain biking) But again, the only reason I haven't made my mind up 100% is because I really like the fact that the other option allows us to engrave..

OK I know I'm not helpful.. I think I just confused myself again.. lol