Sign in to follow this  
divadivine25

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle View Post
They're pretty monique! When I twist my hair the ends only curl a teeny bit so I'll have to pin it up somehow....or maybe the riu salon stylist can curl it for me....hmmm... lots to think about. and TONS of time to think haha.

I'm so glad all of you are getting married before me....AND in jamaica.... it's going to be great seeing your planning progress and final choices....and PIX galore! :)
Get some rollers, the kind used for rod sets and put them on the ends of your hair after you twist it with some setting lotion, let dry over night and voila!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divadivine25 View Post
Get some rollers, the kind used for rod sets and put them on the ends of your hair after you twist it with some setting lotion, let dry over night and voila!
So wise!!smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_willis22 View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

what style is this? i like it.
I can't tell if they are twists or braids or dreads, but i guess individual braid/twist/dread would work...and just twist it up in a bun w/ a loose tendril..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle View Post
I can't tell if they are twists or braids or dreads, but i guess individual braid/twist/dread would work...and just twist it up in a bun w/ a loose tendril..?
Right, its the longer kinky twists pinned up. Very pretty!

Quote:
Here are pics of them done individually, the technique is also known as lacing.

These can also be done with longer hair.
Its so funny how every part of the country calls everything something different. We call the cornrow attachment method crochets, and the second style is micro braids. I never knew them as anything else til I started internet posting. lol

Quote:
I loves this style!! And I love that name, Drill Sgt! Where are you in Illinois? I'm in Northwest Indiana.
We're in Springfield...state capital, though nobody knows it. lol Everyone ALWAYS thinks it's Chicago, but we're about 2 1/2 hours southwest of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysBride View Post
First question. Are you planning to have someone at the resort do it for you? Bringing your own hair dresser? If so, I'd leave it up to them. If you are having it done there, then you'll need to know what to bring..I can help if ya do.
My cousin who does hair is coming to do my hair. I don't think I could trust someone I don't know to do it especially if they don't have experience with AA hair. I use HairArt's flat iron which I carry with me wherever I travel. I would appreciate any tips on what else to bring.

Tiff- I'd say to let your cousin pick up your hair if you're wearing any type of extensions. She'll know what to get for whatever style you choose. If you tell me what you're going for, I can tell ya what you'll need too.

As far as product, I'd just say your normal styling products + some good heavy oil, a good deep conditioner, curling irons (I use two different sized barrels) and a leave in moisturizer as well as maybe some setting lotion and rods depending on what style you're going for.

Something else I really, really like is a product called Porosity Control. You can get it in any Sally's Beauty Supply, and it's a conditioner that goes on really slick..seals the hair shaft nicely and can help prevent reversion.

I'm just bringin' all my hair stuff in a plastic bag in my carry on.

Quote:
Its so funny how every part of the country calls everything something different. We call the cornrow attachment method crochets, and the second style is micro braids. I never knew them as anything else til I started internet posting. lol
Im from the midwest as well and I guess it really depends on where you are. the difference is that the hair is braided AND some strands left out to give it that look. The crochet braids are something different...something that I hope no one wears anymore! LOL!

Quote:
We're in Springfield...state capital, though nobody knows it. lol Everyone ALWAYS thinks it's Chicago, but we're about 2 1/2 hours southwest of there.
I never get that and I grew up in Chicago, I just always get the " Have you seen Oprah" thing!