Photo

Maui Wedding Planner/Photographer

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 mplscold

mplscold
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

I am trying to decide on a wedding planner and a photographer. Has anyone ever used Aekai Beach Weddings/Paradise Dream Wedding or A Promise Made in Paradise? If so, do you have pictures that you can send me? Having great photos is really important to me. Thanks for all the help.

#2 Kathleen

Kathleen
    • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

I have no useful info for you but I'll second your request- I've been checking out Aekai/ Paradise, too, for photography and I'd love to here an unedited review.... the ones they post on the website are so cheesy and biased hehe

#3 FutureFoo

FutureFoo
      • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:37 AM

Not to confuse you with lots of options, but I'm using Lori from Tropical Maui Weddings and she has been great to work with. She makes recommendations when I need them and helps find the best vendors for what I'm looking to do.

#4 BePhoto

BePhoto
        • 202 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

Of course, I'm biased -- but if photography is as important as you say - I would approach it the other way....... Find a photographer who's style you love - then have them come to the location with you. -- Doing it the other way around limits your options.

#5 aramintha

aramintha
          • 53 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:08 AM

The photographer that we have is John Motelewski at JOHN-PIERRES.COM. We only have him for an hour and I am afraid that is not enough time. The ceremony is only suppose to last for 20 minutes so I am thinking that is enough time. It will cost an extra $180 for antoher hour and that's not including the price for extra pictures. decisions.......decisons......decisons......

#6 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mplscold
              I am trying to decide on a wedding planner and a photographer. Has anyone ever used Aekai Beach Weddings/Paradise Dream Wedding or A Promise Made in Paradise? If so, do you have pictures that you can send me? Having great photos is really important to me. Thanks for all the help.
              I just used APDW & they were AMAZING!!!!!! I don't have any pictures to send you yet, but as soon as they are sent to me, I'll upload them. The shots he showed us on his camera that day looked so beautiful. Eric was my photographer & he was fantastic. Jo was my coordinator & she was fantastic as well. In fact, everyone, from the videographer to the florist, to the officiant was great!!! I HIGHLY recommend!!

#7 mplscold

mplscold
              • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

AZHuskergirl,

I would love to see some of your pics when you get them back. Thanks for the recommendation and congratulations on your marriage!

Mplscold

#8 Nicole119

Nicole119
                • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hi, I would choose your photographer first and then your coordinator. Sometimes when you go with a coordinator they only use certain photographers. I know a great Maui wedding photographer: Maui Photographer Mike Sidney. I know he works with a quite a few different wedding coordinators as well. Hope this helps!

#9 SAM

SAM
                  • 542 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

I agree with Nicole, try to pick your photographer first, if possible. I picked my coordinator, http://www.mauidforever.com/ which I have been very happy with. They answered all of my emails and phone calls in a very timely manner.They work with a circle of photographers, I'm using hanne ruhnau photography maui hawaii.

#10 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

A few (almost 200) of my pics have been posted. Here's a link to the thread:

http://bestdestinati....336#post584721

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users