I am wondering if you could tell me the size of your group. We are leaving on the 5th and had originally thought we would move to the Sunset side,but now our agent would have our whole group sign an waiver - which I haven't seen yet. She has offered the Bahia Principe which I am not a fan of and worse the Rui Tequila. These just seem very different quality than what we paid for. I am really trying to maintain my perspective and have been positive since the incident but my nerves are cracking a little. This was supposed to be less stessful ...
Our agent keeps saying that it is a big group - that is the challenge.... we have (well originally 35 and now 30 - some people have cancelled....
Originally Posted by ~Melanie~
So we had originally planned to stay at the Riviera as we leave on Nov.28 (this Sunday), with a wedding date of Dec.03. The news that the Riviera closed on Sunday hit me like a ton of bricks. We had originally expected to be moved to the Sunset but Air Canada Vacations did not want to move us there and I read that Sunwing bought up 425 rooms at the Sunset right now. So I spent two agonizing days wondering if we were going to be cancelled outright, if i would even be able to have a wedding, much less on Dec.03.
Today, we found out that ACV is moving us to the Azul Fives Resort, also right by Playa. This is a new resort and part of the Karisma line of hotels. It is a step up from the Riviera and our guests will not have to pay any extra for this. And - they have my wedding date available. So we're both just thrilled.
For those that are at the Sunset or waiting to see what happens at the Riviera because you have more time than less than a week - I'm sure the Sunset will be wonderful and from all the great reviews about both resorts, i do hope that the Riviera reopens safer than ever because it is beautiful.