Originally Posted by SuzyQ76 View Post

The Beach reception is beautiful!! but it is out in the open by the main wood pathway of the beach so just keep that in mind as far as it being windy and visible to passer-by's. Maybe try to contact someone who had the beach reception on here so that you can get the full details.

The gazebo is in the exact same place where the hold the beach ceremony, they simply move the chairs down to the sand...it's located right beside the platinum section of the beach loungers - so people will be beside you but you really don't notice. There were all kinds of neck stretchers taking a peek and guests can walk the stretch of the beach so they will come take a look!!! But I was so caught up in the moment I really didn't notice!!

Good luck in your decisions! if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!!!

Suzy :o)

Thanks for the info Suzy!  Just in the process of getting more info and questions answered by Sandra and we should have our decision made soon as to the venues we will chose and the various extras.  More questions seem to arise whenever we get answers from the WC lol.  Some of their pricing options definitely seem strange, for example it actually costs more to rent their audio equipment and play your own music (per hour) than it does to hire their DJ who uses the same equipment but does the work for you.

Eeek - what does it cost to rent their audio equipment and play your own music?  We were thinking of bringing ipods and going to Walmart or something in Playa and buying some good ipod speakers/deck...I think a previous bride did this and said it worked great.

Originally Posted by gujarwala View Post

Thanks for the info Suzy!  Just in the process of getting more info and questions answered by Sandra and we should have our decision made soon as to the venues we will chose and the various extras.  More questions seem to arise whenever we get answers from the WC lol.  Some of their pricing options definitely seem strange, for example it actually costs more to rent their audio equipment and play your own music (per hour) than it does to hire their DJ who uses the same equipment but does the work for you.

Originally Posted by Angie1017 View Post

Eeek - what does it cost to rent their audio equipment and play your own music?  We were thinking of bringing ipods and going to Walmart or something in Playa and buying some good ipod speakers/deck...I think a previous bride did this and said it worked great.

To rent the equipment is $252/hr and to hire a DJ is $757 for four hours.  I imagine you can't rent a DJ for 2 hours because the price list didn't specify that, although I haven't confirmed it.  Since the reception is 4 hours long, you can save my renting their equipment for 2 hours since you wont be playing music for four hours straight I would imagine, so then you can have food/drinks for 2 hours and speeches and dancing for 2 hours....its almost as though they want you to hire the DJ for 4 hours because if you are to rent the equipment for 3 hours its exactly the same price as hiring the DJ for the full four.

Originally Posted by micheleking View Post

I photographed my cousin's wedding next door at the Grand Riviera Princess in April.  Take a look at some of teh shots on my website at www.michelekingphotography.com under the Gallery Chantel and Kyle

What are some cool photo locations you would recommend?  We are bringing our own photographer with us, works out well because she is friends with some of the guests so she's doing it for the cost of the trip + $800 and will photograph the whole week.  We live pretty close to you micheleking :)

I am getting married here April 12, 2011. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the photographer that the resort uses that they could send me. Also I am wanting to do the beach dinner, but am a little worried about the cost. What other choices have people liked for their reception?

my email is mikelaurenwedding@hotmail.com for anyone who can send me some info!

Thanks!

Thanks for the info!  :)

Originally Posted by gujarwala View Post

To rent the equipment is $252/hr and to hire a DJ is $757 for four hours.  I imagine you can't rent a DJ for 2 hours because the price list didn't specify that, although I haven't confirmed it.  Since the reception is 4 hours long, you can save my renting their equipment for 2 hours since you wont be playing music for four hours straight I would imagine, so then you can have food/drinks for 2 hours and speeches and dancing for 2 hours....its almost as though they want you to hire the DJ for 4 hours because if you are to rent the equipment for 3 hours its exactly the same price as hiring the DJ for the full four.

The resort is gorgeous and there are a lot of spots for photos if your photographer is creative.  Most people get married at the gazebo onteh beach.  When I was there it was the hottest day and the hottest time of day about 2pm and 33 C.  Everyone was sweating and didn't really want to spend a lot of time taking photos.  We went directly down to the beach with the bridal party. We took photos in the lawn chairs on the beach then your usual as you can see on my website.  The girls in the water, the boys running and jumping, the bride and groom walking up and down the beach. Then the bridal party went up and sat in the lounge until the reception. I went and took photos of the empty reception room.  If the bridal party would have been up to it I would have done a lot more shots looking for open shade but it was the hottest brightest part of the day.  At night there are statues lining the walkign paths and I wanted to take the coupel to do outside shots at night using these statues and lights but we didn't get to it. Also check to see if your photographer has ever photographed in a tropical location before.  My camera lens kept fogging up, you can't go from inside to outside and take phots right away, there is condensation that forms on the lens, also my flash miss fired a lot from the condensation on the batteries. The definitiely need to use a flash inside the gazebo for shots.  I always do a pre wedding day shoot too at the location where I go out with the bride and groom and we do a portrait shoot aroundthe property on the beach etc.

Have fun!

As for the reception, my cousin was supposed to have dinner on the beach but changed her mind and we had it inside in an air conditioned reception room that was perfect! That same night someone did have dinner on the beach but the winds came up and it is quite iffy on what the weather might do. It is also roped off so the beach goers can't walk through it but there are a lot of people walking around watching etc and you have no control over that