Photo

Is having the Welcome dinner at an all inclusive hotel cheap??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 hayley

hayley
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

Because Im on a budget, I dont think I can afford to have the welcome dinner, the rehearsal dinner, and the reception all because we have over 100 people. So if we told everyone to meet at a certain restaurant in Dreams and then maybe just had a bonfire and smores on the beach, do you think that's cheaping out?

#2 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
    • 361 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

I think that's a nice compromise. Holy cow, 100+ people!!!! So in lieu of the welcome and rehearsal dinners you'd have bonfires and smores instead (but you'd still have the reception)? That sounds really nice. What kind of reception were you thinking? Cocktail, full sit down meal etc.

#3 krazyk

krazyk
      • 90 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

I honestly don't think it's cheap, you have a very large party to consider. I say go for it!!

#4 mforbes

mforbes
        • 187 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

I don't think that it sounds cheap- it actually sounds like a lot of fun!

#5 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
          • 1,236 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hayley
            Because Im on a budget, I dont think I can afford to have the welcome dinner, the rehearsal dinner, and the reception all because we have over 100 people. So if we told everyone to meet at a certain restaurant in Dreams and then maybe just had a bonfire and smores on the beach, do you think that's cheaping out?
            That sounds awesome!!! Are you doing that at Dreams Cancun I would love to do omething ike that as well.
            Just remember...A DW can be anything you want it to be..You don't have to follow Tradition :-) And that is different and sounds like funn
            Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#6 meagan

meagan
            • 133 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

That sounds like a great idea. Your guests might like that better, because they can do whatever they want for dinner (considering its a vacation for them too) and then meet for a bonfire/smores. If you did a welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner, and reception 3 days in a row, they might not feel like they can just relax and enjoy the resort.

Great idea!

#7 Erica053009

Erica053009
              • 513 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

That sounds like fun... smores :) I am doing my welcome dinner at one of the restaurants at my resort. It is too expensive to do everything and that is why your guest are paying for an AI why keep paying extra?

#8 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
                • 361 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

I just re-read your post...I misinterpreted it to mean that you would still be having a reception dinner. But like I said its still a great idea! Have fun!

#9 meagan

meagan
                  • 133 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

I might be confused too! Are you having the bonfire/smores in place of the welcome dinner or a reception? I re-read your post too, but now I am still not sure what I am talking about?

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

I personally wouldn't like a bunch of scheduled dinners when I'm on vacation. so I wouldn't worry about a welcome dinner & just do the bonfire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users