Timeline Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

General Timeline question.

We are getting married June/July 2009 (we will obviously pick a date before doing any of this).

When did you send out your save the dates?
    Did you ask for those interested to let you know on these?
    What info did you include on these?

When did you send out the actual invitations?
    What info did you include on these?

Did you make a website?
    Did your guests find this useful?

#2 Timelady_

Timelady_
    • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

We're getting married on July 1 and I sent out the STDs just over a year in advance...I figured the more time to save the better. I didn't think we would be booking until sometime this fall and then I found out that 2 other brides were going on the same flight as me and had already booked! So, we booked in July. I just finished my invites that I am sending out at the beginning of Sept...which I know is super early, but people need time to plan and my T.A. figures the flight will be sold out before Christmas.
      On the actual invites I included trip info, and then AHR info (just in case people want to make plans to come to Halifax instead of Cuba), I also made a brochure with all the resort info on one side and AHR stuff on the other side.
      I did do a website, just a free one from wedding announcer...I'm not too sure what the guests think, but ones who wrote on our guestbook seem to like it...
      We're married! July 1, 2009
      Melia Las Dunas, Cubaand now helping my BSF plan her destination wedding!!

#3 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
      • 582 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

My wedding is December 12, 2009

When did you send out your save the dates? I am planning to send these out late Oct/early Nov (before the holidays)
        Did you ask for those interested to let you know on these? Most of the people who are being invited know already but I will send out STDs to make it official
        What info did you include on these? I plan to include date, location, website link

When did you send out the actual invitations? I am planning to send out the actual invitations in March with an RSVP in June (6 months ahead)
        What info did you include on these? I am including standard information

I am planning to send all those who book and additional information packet and travel package about a month before.

Did you make a website? Yes
        Did your guests find this useful? Yes

#4 Anna83

Anna83
        • 288 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

When did you send out your save the dates? I am getting married 1-10-09. I sent out std's 4/08. Did you ask for those interested to let you know on these? I sent out about 100 std's and I asked for people who were interested to let us know so we could send them more info when it was available. I got the price info in June, so I sent out a letter only to the people who mentioned an interest in going.What info did you include on these? On the std's, I included the resort name, wedding date, a note that passports would be required, and a note that we would be having an AHR later for those who could not attend.

When did you send out the actual invitations? I didn't send out another formal invite for the wedding. I will be sending out a formal invite for the AHR.What info did you include on these?

Did you make a website? Not that computer savvy!Did your guests find this useful?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users