2140 replies to this topic

#391 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:12 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrideNov2009
    Hi everyone!

I leave Saturday November 14th to November 21st. We are doing the private reception and have hired DJ Bob as well. I will let you know how things go when we get back. We are very excited : )
    Have fun, and congrats! Can't wait to hear how everything went when you get back. We are picture hungry too!

#392 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
    • 365 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

Does anyone have info. on a cocktail reception? Prices/location etc. or any other info would be helpful. We are considering one as there is so much time in between, but the costs are very quickly adding up!

#393 GoCubs!

GoCubs!
      • 52 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ChristinaP
        Does anyone have info. on a cocktail reception? Prices/location etc. or any other info would be helpful. We are considering one as there is so much time in between, but the costs are very quickly adding up!
        Christina - Erika actually advised against having a cocktail party in between my wedding and reception. My wedding was at 4 and the reception started at 7. After standing around mingling for a while (they provide champagne after the ceremony) my guests just made their way up to the White Sands lobby bar around 5 b/c our reception was at La Laguna. It actually worked out really well b/c some people stopped back at their rooms - heck a couple of our friends went swimming b/c it was so freaking hot! We had a cocktail party the night before the wedding at the Bar Las Rocas at the saltwater pool and it was a great location. I know when we were picking locations there were 3 to choose frome - I just can't remember the other 2. I know that Las Rocas is open to the public until 6 so I'm not even sure that you could have a private cocktail party there or at any of the other locations earlier than that.

#394 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
        • 365 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the info. We were originally thinking that because our ceremony time is so early (2:00) that we wanted to plan something in between. I think we will just have everyone gather somewhere for a few drinks instead of spending the extra money for food. If people are hungry, they can get something! It's a good opportunity for afternoon siestas too!

#395 meg444

meg444
          • 153 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

Hello Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much it is to have the draped ceiling fabric at the private reception?

Thanks!
            http://i636.photobuc....bucketfeet.jpgMeg & Mike
            Grand Palladium Resort, Riviera Maya
            December 2, 2010

#396 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
            • 365 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by meg444
              Hello Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much it is to have the draped ceiling fabric at the private reception?

Thanks!
              I was wondering that too. Have you e-mailed the WC's yet? Let us know what you find out if you did.

#397 GoCubs!

GoCubs!
              • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

The white fabric was draped at my reception and it wasn't extra - I didn't even know I was getting it :)

#398 meg444

meg444
                • 153 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:06 AM

Thanks GoCubs!
                  Really?! I thought I would have to pay extra!
                  hmmm... maybe it is included in the private reception, that would be great!
                  December 2, 2010

#399 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
                  • 365 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

Sweet deal. I don't remember reading anything about that. Maybe you're right and it is included with the reception costs.

#400 meg444

meg444
                    • 153 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

Sent my first email to Rocio, and heard back within two days, nice!
                      Reserving my wedding date for December 1, 2010.
                      She mentioned a $300 USD deposit to hold the date.. How did you ladies go about paying this?
                      Thanks!
                      December 2, 2010

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)