Jump to content

Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?


  • Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#271 Ashleykmorgan

Ashleykmorgan
  • Newbie
  • 98 posts

    Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

    It does not matter if you have a civil ceremony or symbollic ceremony, neither one of them include food. You only pay per plate if you are doing the private reception in laguna or azul, then the prices for food start at 50$ per plate. If you do not do a private reception you can go to one of the restaurants to eat it will not be private but you do not pay for the food, it is free. I think this has already been posted but you can find the most up to date packages on the palladium addict website. Palladium Addict
    Ashley...The bride that cannot make decisions!

    #272 Michelle_wht

    Michelle_wht
    • Newbie
    • 7 posts

      Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

      Hey Ladies, I am getting married at the Grand Palladium Riviera June 3rd, 2009...anyone there that week?

      Are any of you worried about this whole Swine Flu and all the travel advisories being issues for Canada and the US? I have been worried about if we will not be able to go or if the flu will still be an issue then.

      I have been thinking about moving the wedding so somewhere else like the Dominican. Any suggestions?

      Help!

      #273 svetayasofiya

      svetayasofiya
      • Member
      • 590 posts

        Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

        What is the booking process with Rocio? To 'save a date' do I have to put money down? And if I do, but need to back out a few months later (but a good 4-5 months before the actual wedding) what is the penalty?

        #274 hanna

        hanna
        • Jr. Member
        • 223 posts

          Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

          To reserve your wedding date with Rocio you have to sign and fax in the contract. You have up to the week before to cancel without penalty, and charged $200 within one week of your wedding. We also did a room block through Olga (but have to pay entire balance for all 25 rooms on our credit card and collect checks from guests) but helped secure a lower room rate.

          We are getting married June 5, and flying down there May 30. We are hopeful that the swine flu scare will calm down and continue to be controlled. We have inquired about availabilty at the GP Punta Cana for our same wedding date, and just waiting to hear back. In 2 weeks we have to decided because that is the cut off for our room block, so if worst case scenario travel is restricted and we have to cancel Mexico, hopefully we can switch to Punta Cana.

          #275 Michelle_wht

          Michelle_wht
          • Newbie
          • 7 posts

            Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by hanna
            To reserve your wedding date with Rocio you have to sign and fax in the contract. You have up to the week before to cancel without penalty, and charged $200 within one week of your wedding. We also did a room block through Olga (but have to pay entire balance for all 25 rooms on our credit card and collect checks from guests) but helped secure a lower room rate.

            We are getting married June 5, and flying down there May 30. We are hopeful that the swine flu scare will calm down and continue to be controlled. We have inquired about availabilty at the GP Punta Cana for our same wedding date, and just waiting to hear back. In 2 weeks we have to decided because that is the cut off for our room block, so if worst case scenario travel is restricted and we have to cancel Mexico, hopefully we can switch to Punta Cana.

            Let me know if you make contact with the wedding planner at the Punta Cana location. We are travelling from Canada and they have already cancelled all flights until June 1st (we were flying on May 31st). My wedding is June 3rd so I will see you there if we can get the dates!!

            Good Luck!

            #276 Lexico

            Lexico
            • Newbie
            • 150 posts

              Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

              Hi Ladies,
              We are departing June 7th - our wedding date is June 11th.
              We're a little frazzled with this whole Swine Flu unfolding, but trying to stay calm.

              I'm a firm believer that this situation is being sensationalized by the media, yet at the same time understand the precautions that need to be taken.

              It's very easy to get discouraged, but we all have to think positively.

              Has anyone been in contact with Rocio regarding this situation?

              I know flights are being cancelled from Pearson International until June 1st, which cuts it pretty close if they are to delay flights any further after June 1st.....Oy!!

              Best wishes to all of you and I hope everything works out for those of you who are in the same current situation.

              Cheers!

              Lee

              #277 Ashleykmorgan

              Ashleykmorgan
              • Newbie
              • 98 posts

                Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

                Lexico,
                My wedding is June 12! The day after yours, I am freaking out about this too, I am supposed to fly out June 7, out of Minneapolis MN We should meet up down there so you can tell me all about your wedding! That is if we ever make it there..... Where are you having your ceremony and reception?
                Ashley...The bride that cannot make decisions!

                #278 Lexico

                Lexico
                • Newbie
                • 150 posts

                  Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

                  Hey Ashley!!
                  We should meet up! How crazy is this entire fiasco??
                  The timing couldn't be anymore impeccable!!

                  If all goes as planned, we were planning to have our ceremony at the gazebo on the White Sands/Riviera, and dinner at the Portofino Restaurant.

                  I'm really hoping this flu business blows over quickly. I know flights are being cancelled, and not rebooking until after June 3rd I've heard.....this doesn't leave much time to make decisions!

                  Do you have a back up if all goes horribly wrong?? Our TA is dealing with priority departures only right now, which is totally understandable, but this waiting is driving me nuts!!!

                  #279 Lexico

                  Lexico
                  • Newbie
                  • 150 posts

                    Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

                    aaaand, has anyone talked to Rocio, or heard from her about the situation?
                    Is everything still good on their end?

                    I booked with Claudia Rodriguez for photography, and don't want to harass by any means, what the situation is down there - but would like to know if they're canceling bookings or what?!

                    I think by the middle of May, this whole situation will quite down!

                    #280 Ashleykmorgan

                    Ashleykmorgan
                    • Newbie
                    • 98 posts

                      Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

                      Our photographer is Diego from Del Sol, I got an email from their owner Matt today and it said everything is going fine down there and they are doing all bookings as planned, no refunds as of right now...This is all driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!! My backup plan is just to postpone the wedding.... I really don't want to move it to the DR or Jamaica because i dont think I would be 100% happy with that, I have been planning this wedding for over a year, so many details. I can't just move resorts pick a new photographer, dj all that stuff.... Plus they told me they didnt have my date available but Hanna (june 5 bride) talked to them and they said that they did have dates available so i don't know wtf to believe... I think that they will only get more protective and start banning travel.. they keep moving the date, first it was thorugh may 7 now its through may 14 they are just goin to keep extending it. Plus it is only a mattter of time before my guests start freaking out and backing out...
                      Ashley...The bride that cannot make decisions!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users