Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#11 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

I am looking at possibly booking my wedding at the Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya as well. When I was looking over their packages it seems like they do not have the free wedding options as many other resorts have. Does anyone have any information on this? We don't want to add a lot of additional expenses onto the trip itself since we will also be having a reception at home.

#12 hanna

hanna
    • 223 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

Ya, Rocio can be a little hit or miss on the discounts. I think she is pressured from management to be able to discount certain things and not others. For example, we are being charged the extra $20 pp over 8 ppl, and I tried to get that reduced or waived with no luck. She only said that we could only have chairs, cake and champagne for 8 ppl and not pay extra. We didnt want to have our guests stand, so that option wasnt for us. My best suggestion is just to email Rocio and see what she says. She offered the $250 discount as we are bringing our own officiant, it is probably something she frequently discounts.

The GP doesn't have any free wedding options, like some resorts offer. We aren't having an AHR, so we felt like the expense was worth it.

#13 Lexico

Lexico
      • 150 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

Hi Ladies
        I am another GP Wedding - June 10 or 11, 2009.
        We are in the early planning stages of our wedding and have not been in contact with Rocio yet.

Ashleykmorgan...if you have any pics you would like to share that would be great!!

Any other tips or stories to share would be great.

Happy planning everyone!
        Cheers!

#14 Ashleykmorgan

Ashleykmorgan
        • 98 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

Lexico, I am June 12 at the GP! I am going to try and upload some pics, so if you see some dumb looking posts its because I am trying to learn how to do it... ok, here goes
          Ashley...The bride that cannot make decisions!

#15 Ashleykmorgan

Ashleykmorgan
          • 98 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:49 AM

okay so i cannot figure out how to upload the pics, email me at ashleykmorgan@hotmail.com if anyone wants info. You basicially have two options for a private reception, La Lagun and Azul, otherwise they can section off a part of one of the buffets if you have under 20 people.
            Ashley...The bride that cannot make decisions!

#16 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
            • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

They'll also let you book part of one of the a la carte restaurants for up to 40 guests at no additional charge. If you go over 40 guests, you must do the private reception, so we are trying to stay under that number (it gets pricey after that, though there are definitely some advantages to it!). I'm looking into the cocktail hour and what all it includes- I'll let you ladies know:)

#17 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
              • 156 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

I'd love to hear what you find out about the cocktail hour. We have less than 40 guests for sure (only about 20, if even that), so we just need to decide if it's a la carte or buffet.
                Jennifer & David
                January 22, 2009
                Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#18 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
                • 170 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

jcarson- We are trying to decide what to do for our reception as well! I want a semi-private area, and they've assured me that they can do that, so I'm not too worried about it. I'd really like to do the private reception, but that extra $45pp for it just prices it out of my range! Good luck in your planning, and if I get any interesting tid bits, I'll be certain to post them here.

#19 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
                  • 164 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

We're getting married at the Palladium on January 23, 2009. I asked Rocio (who has been great at responding!) about the cocktail hour and she said it would be $14 USD per person. We're thinking of doing this between the ceremony and dinner cause we are having an early (1:00) ceremony!

#20 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
                    • 156 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

Our ceremony is at 4pm, so we'll likely go from ceremony to pics to dinner. I'm not sure we need to pay for a cocktail hour as there won't be much time to kill before dinner and we can always just go to a bar and get drinks. However, we might do cake and champaign before dinner (to get the cake cutting pictures while we still have a photographer) .... too many decisions.
                      Jennifer & David
                      January 22, 2009
                      Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users