Jump to content
Bianca

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

So, I am like the worst bride to be ever! I get married on Thursday, October 29, 2009 at DPA and I have really nothing done! The best thing this forum has done for me is give me information without having to actively do anything! I have the greatest confidence that everything will go relatively smoothly. Plus, besides a total hurricane or other natural disaster, there is not a lot that could make this go badly.

 

I probably won't get check into the hotel until 5:oo PM on Tuesday. I meet with Jacy at 9:30 am on Wednesday and I get married at 4:00. p.m. on Thursday. I will let you know how this whole fly by the seat of my pants thing goes.

 

There is no way that I would have felt comfortable doing this if not for the wonderful people on this forum. They have generously provided wonderful information that I never would have even thought to have asked about. In that vein, if anyone has any specific questions, I would be happy to ask them while I am there. Just let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks "marryinghimagain" for the review!!! It has definitely helped me!! How many guests can fit in the gazebo for the reception? That has always been my 1st choice so its great to hear you loved it!!

 

Congrats again,

Janna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesdinan - I can't believe it's already time for another DPA wedding! Have a great time...everything is going to be fabulous. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesdinan View Post
Hi All,

So, I am like the worst bride to be ever! I get married on Thursday, October 29, 2009 at DPA and I have really nothing done! The best thing this forum has done for me is give me information without having to actively do anything! I have the greatest confidence that everything will go relatively smoothly. Plus, besides a total hurricane or other natural disaster, there is not a lot that could make this go badly.

I probably won't get check into the hotel until 5:oo PM on Tuesday. I meet with Jacy at 9:30 am on Wednesday and I get married at 4:00. p.m. on Thursday. I will let you know how this whole fly by the seat of my pants thing goes.

There is no way that I would have felt comfortable doing this if not for the wonderful people on this forum. They have generously provided wonderful information that I never would have even thought to have asked about. In that vein, if anyone has any specific questions, I would be happy to ask them while I am there. Just let me know!
THREE MORE DAYS!!! Even if you don't get this until after your return I hope you have the BEST day ever! Congrats and we can't wait to hear every detail when you get back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

marryinghimagain-thank you so so so much for your post!! We leave this Sunday and get marriedFriday....11 days from now! your post made me set my mind at ease a bit, so thank you!! i'm glad to hear it was wonderful. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Janna!

 

To answer your question a/b the capacity of the gazebo....we'll have 59 guests with 12 standing up for the actual ceremony so about 47 sitting. I just heard back from Jacy that will be close, but we'll all fit. I hope that helps to answer your question a bit!!

 

 

If anyone has questions or need me to find out info for them while I'm there next week, just let me know!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

marryinghimagain-did you use the videographer that the resort provides? If so how was the quality of the video?? thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who have already gotten married at DPA, do they have table number holders (usually they are plain and silver) to use? We are having a horrible time finding these...and if they already have them I'll stop looking.

 

TIA!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0208 View Post
marryinghimagain-did you use the videographer that the resort provides? If so how was the quality of the video?? thanks!
No, we did not use the videographer. My BIL did the video for us. So sorry, I can't help you with your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0208 View Post
marryinghimagain-thank you so so so much for your post!! We leave this Sunday and get marriedFriday....11 days from now! your post made me set my mind at ease a bit, so thank you!! i'm glad to hear it was wonderful. =)
You are very welcome. I'm glad that I could help put your mind at ease. It will be wonderful for you! I look forward to hearing about it, when you get back. Hope your day is everything you dream!

One little note that may help a future DW bride.... I did not bring my beautiful bouquet home b/c I was told you could not bring it back through customs. That is not true! I asked when we were going through customs on the way home. I was told that I could indeed have brought it back home. It "cannot grow nor does it have seeds". He said if I had a problem, all I needed to have done was ask for a supervisor. It is permitted to bring a fresh flower wedding bouquet back into the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
    • Thank you! I did not make these. I purchased them from a business. They are still for sale if you are interested!
    • It's really tough when you put your heart and soul into planning your destination wedding and people aren't supportive for whatever reason. I think maybe letting people know how much it will cost for 2 weeks may be an issue -- a lot of people can't take that much time off and I"m guessing because it's such an extended period of time, the price may seem high to her. A good way of presenting a destination wedding celebration is to give rates based on 4 days, 3 nights -- which is typically what resorts will require for a group booking. This way, people will view it more of an extended weekend celebration and the time off as well as the costs becomes much more feasible to people. More likely, you'll have guests who will opt to stay longer and at that point you just let them know how much the extra cost will be. I suggest you talk to your best friend straight up about this and let her know how important it is for her to be there and find out what is holding her back. Communication is key!!
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...