Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#751 aug0208

aug0208
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlliMay
    HI aug0208---my girls are doing casual J.Crew dresses also and my dress is J.Crew...We will all likely wear either leather flip flops from J.Crew (they have several in metallic), or I may wear a pair of their sandals that I have an ankle strap...sort of like a gladiator, but not too strappy.

Great idea---I love the leather capri sandals in Metallic Ice from J.Crew...maybe I'll do this as a gift to my girls. Obviously something they can wear later!! THANK YOU! I have no idea why I didn't think to look there!

#752 lyales

lyales
    • 26 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

Hi Girls I have finally posted my review!! Here is the link...
      http://bestdestinati....646#post736739

please let me know if you have questions.

#753 RoryS

RoryS
      • 230 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

Thanks so much for the update! So glad to hear that everything went fairly stress free for you. I think the stress level goes up because we're all so far away and if you're a hands-on type person, you feel a bit out of control. My niece is stressing a bit about the flowers. What sort of arrangements did you have?
        Also, regarding the Barracuda Bar. We're having the rehearsal dinner there as well as the cocktail hour. Is there an additional charge to set up a bar? Sorry to hear about the food at the cocktail hour. The choices didn't really sound all that appealing. Maybe we could ask them to put out some nachos/salsa in addition to the appetizers - just in case.
        Sounds like you have a wonderful wedding - wishing you much happiness!

#754 lp579

lp579
        • 70 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Lyales!! Your wedding review is appreciated so much! One question for you, did they make you pay a one night room rate for your photographer?

Thanks =)

#755 lyales

lyales
          • 26 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

My flowers were an assortment of local flowers there were a few gerber daiseys and lots of lilys!! I don't believe there was an extra charge for the bar i just assumed it was included :)

#756 lyales

lyales
            • 26 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

No I paid the daily guest fee of $55 a person

#757 jac28

jac28
              • 39 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

im planning on renting out the el patio rest. has anyone else done this or thinking about this?

#758 Beautiful Bride

Beautiful Bride
                • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by aug0208
                  Great idea---I love the leather capri sandals in Metallic Ice from J.Crew...maybe I'll do this as a gift to my girls. Obviously something they can wear later!! THANK YOU! I have no idea why I didn't think to look there!
                  Hi Guys,

What is the best time to give your attendants their gifts? I have never been a bridesmaid or a bride so I don't have a clue....especially if you arre giving them jewellery or shoes to wear for the day?

Thanks,

Jen

#759 RoryS

RoryS
                  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Beautiful Bride
                    Hi Guys,

What is the best time to give your attendants their gifts? I have never been a bridesmaid or a bride so I don't have a clue....especially if you arre giving them jewellery or shoes to wear for the day?

Thanks,

Jen
                    Are you having a rehearsal dinner? If so, then the gifts are usually given out them. If not, and you are planning on getting together for hair and make-up; you can always give them out then. The groom can also give his gifts out to the GM at the rehearsal dinner or when they are getting dressed for the wedding.

#760 Beautiful Bride

Beautiful Bride
                    • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RoryS
                      Are you having a rehearsal dinner? If so, then the gifts are usually given out them. If not, and you are planning on getting together for hair and make-up; you can always give them out then. The groom can also give his gifts out to the GM at the rehearsal dinner or when they are getting dressed for the wedding.
                      Thanks Rory,

I don't think we'll be doing a rehearsal dinner, and I can give them their gifts while we're getting ready, I'm just concerned that they'll buy shoes and jewellery before we go which will then be extra $$ spent. Thanks for the info though. Do you think that I can give it to them before we leave home to alleviate the problem? Or maybe I should just tell them I'm paying for those things while we're shopping, and then save a little something to give when we're down there. What do you think?
                      Jen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users