Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#461 Bianca

Bianca
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

So I posted my issue on the Dreams forum and baltobabe (the ultimate Dreams traveler) asked me to forward her the email so that she could send it on. She sent it back to Jacy and the GM of the resort. I hope I get an answer now... I'll give it another week.
    19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
    http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#462 jgomez3838

jgomez3838
    • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

Hello everyone!!! Thanks Bianca for starting this thread. My fiance and I are getting married at the Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort on June 3rd, 2009. Can't wait to see the first wedding pics from the newly renovated resort!!!

#463 Bianca

Bianca
      • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

The most recent list of DPA brides... Let me know if you are not on it. I am sending this to a mod now to get it posted on the first page.

lyales - February 28, 2009
        patsah - April 9, 2009
        lp579 - May 7, 2009
        Reluctant Beach Bride - May 16, 2009
        smashingbp311 - May 18, 2009
        Bianca - May 23, 2009
        jgomez3838 - June 3, 2009
        adnil - June 5, 2009
        Erika(RoryS) - June 12, 1009
        Andrea - June 9th, 2009
        MonicaC - June 24, 2009
        aaronsgirl - July 2, 2009
        tara5258 July 9, 2009
        AlliMay - July 14, 2009
        kimmaranto - July 17, 2009
        marryinghimagain - October 15, 2009
        Jesdinan - October 29, 2009
        aug0208 - November 6, 2009
        Elizabeth - November 7, 2009
        cantwait2718 - November 13, 2009
        2010wedding - February 18, 2010
        emaya77 - May 7th, 2010

#464 AlliMay

AlliMay
        • 71 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Welcome badriane and jgomez! I think that you will find this forum is super helpful and fun

Bianca---I think that if you still do not hear back from Jacy or the GM by tomorrow you should call. That is just way too long to go without a response especially considering that you are bringing substantial business to the resort by having your wedding there. I understand that they are busy and there may be some sort of technology problem, but you should not have to wait this long.

Just my $0.02...Good Luck and let us know what happens...

#465 RoryS

RoryS
          • 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

To all you brides planning on having your wedding in the gazebo - what sort of decorations are you planning on? We are ordering bolts of tulle to decorate the posts - I guess just the 2 in the front and the 2 in the rear??. Anybody doing anything with the walkway leading up to the gazebo? Not sure yet about flowers, etc.

#466 aaronsgirl

aaronsgirl
            • 134 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RoryS
              To all you brides planning on having your wedding in the gazebo - what sort of decorations are you planning on? We are ordering bolts of tulle to decorate the posts - I guess just the 2 in the front and the 2 in the rear??. Anybody doing anything with the walkway leading up to the gazebo? Not sure yet about flowers, etc.
              I have not completely decided, but I am thinking about using an organza or a sheer chiffon to decorate the gazebo. I am having a hard time since I have not actually been to the space to figure out how much would be needed. I really want something flowy and draped instead of wrapped. Almost like the arches used on the beach(this is what I originally wanted but would cost more). I am also thinking about hanging some white and turquoise chinese lanterns at the top of the gazebo.

I was thinking about having petals along the bridge and into the gazebo(silk), but wanted white and wasn't sure if it would blend. My colors are blues and whites so not sure if blue would look good or not.

#467 Bianca

Bianca
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

I was thinking about hanging some tulle diagonally so it crosses in the middle and maybe some lanterns. Another idea was "papel picado." There is a post about it somewhere on here, but someone called it wedding flags. I'm not sure if I like it tho. It would be something more authentic. Chair sashes should also give some color in there. I'm not too worried about flowers.

#468 aaronsgirl

aaronsgirl
                • 134 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Bianca
                  I was thinking about hanging some tulle diagonally so it crosses in the middle and maybe some lanterns. Another idea was "papel picado." There is a post about it somewhere on here, but someone called it wedding flags. I'm not sure if I like it tho. It would be something more authentic. Chair sashes should also give some color in there. I'm not too worried about flowers.
                  I was thinking maybe having some fabric draped from the corners to the middle and then having some lanterns hanging in the middle. Kind of like this, (replace the unbrella with lanterns).

http://weddings.thek....ue&pageIndex=3

OR

Weddings Gowns Gifts, The Knot

#469 RoryS

RoryS
                  • 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=aaronsgirl;683155}

I was thinking about having petals along the bridge and into the gazebo(silk), but wanted white and wasn't sure if it would blend. My colors are blues and whites so not sure if blue would look good or not.[/QUOTE]

We are looking at using rose petals too. Do they have to be natural or freeze-dried? I know for the environment; they sometimes have to be that way. We looked into the freeze dried and not sure how many we'd need - but they're pretty pricey.
                    The white petals probably wouldn't show up too well. You could probably get different shades of blue, which would be pretty. We ended up going with the tulle because we couldn't get the organza in the colors we wanted (fuschia & orange) and wanted to match the chair bows. Any one thought about using lights wrapped in tulle? I guess it depends on what time your wedding is as to whether they'll show up or not, but I've seen them draped and they are very pretty.

#470 RoryS

RoryS
                    • 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

I was thinking about having petals along the bridge and into the gazebo(silk), but wanted white and wasn't sure if it would blend. My colors are blues and whites so not sure if blue would look good or not.

We are looking at using rose petals too. Do they have to be natural or freeze-dried? I know for the environment; they sometimes have to be that way. We looked into the freeze dried and not sure how many we'd need - but they're pretty pricey.
                      The white petals probably wouldn't show up too well. You could probably get different shades of blue, which would be pretty. We ended up going with the tulle because we couldn't get the organza in the colors we wanted (fuschia & orange) and wanted to match the chair bows. Any one thought about using lights wrapped in tulle? I guess it depends on what time your wedding is as to whether they'll show up or not, but I've seen them draped and they are very pretty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users