Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2711 colm226

• Site Supporter
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hi everyone!!

I have a quick question for the brides who already got married at DPA...  Did any of you receive the edited DVD of the ceremony listed in the Ulitmate Package?  How did it turn out?

#2712 Julie Carson

Julie Carson
    • 31 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Its been quiet on here for awhile. Anyone making any exciting plans? I'm working on a welcome packet and oot bags. What types of things are you ladies thinking of bring? I'm struggling with grooms outfits. Happy planning! 

#2713 cfehr

• 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hey ladies,

I am set to get married April 29th 2013 at Dreams! Very excited for the big day, however it still feels a ways away so the real excitement hasn't settled in yet. Hopefully we can get this thread going again... it seemed really busy awhile ago, but as died down quite a bit!

So far, I have my bridal party's dresses bought and that's about it! Haven't even found my dress yet! That probably sounds pretty backwards, I know lol We also just created a wedding website and a facebook wedding group telling all of our potential guests information on booking with our group rate, etc. It looks like we will probably have about 30-40 people coming which is a perfect amount in my opinion.

How's everyone elses planning going?  

#2714 zahpeck

• 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I just got married on June 23 - it was the best day of my life! We had 80 guests and it was gorgeous. Jacki was fantastic! She really takes care of everything, so don't worry! I have a few tips for future brides: 1) go into Playa del Carmen to get your flowers- I went to Sach- Nah. I was able to get the center pieces for $20 each delivered and they were gorgeous. 2) don't get a full size cake- get one the size for half of your guests. It's going to be big enough. 3) no need to pay for additional toast drinks, people are going to have wine and their own drinks anyway 4) get the ultimate package- the music, extra pics, spa, dinner, etc are well worth it 5) don't get a dj, you hardly have any time after the speeches are over. The iPod was great and Jacki ended up manning it for us. 6) make an agenda- it was helpful for guests 7)splurge on getting someone to photograph the reception, you get to keep all of the photos, the wedding pics- you only get 50... Reception pics were I only $300 extra 8) splurge on a bigger room the day of the wedding, it was worth it to have a gathering place big enough for everyone We did a buffet that everyone ranted about and saved us time. I brought a pic of my hair and they some what accommodated, so you could go either way on that, I also brought my own makeup which was nice to have. Let me know if anyone has more questions, I will post photos when we are state side.... Sara

#2715 Julie Carson

Julie Carson
          • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Did you get all of your flowers from Sach Nah or just the center pieces? THanks! 

#2716 zahpeck

• 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Just the centerpieces, I had parasols instead of bridesmaid bouquets, bought extra boutonnieres and the hair flower from the resort, the rest was included in the ultimate package. 

#2717 ChelseyB

• 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

HI Ladies,

I"m joining your forum!  My Fiancee and I have decided to put a deposit down for a wedding at the beginning of MArch at Dreams Aventuras.  I'm excited to learn from all you guys! 

#2718 annienicholls

• Site Supporter
                • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hello all...

You can add me to the list of Dreams weddings...We are booked for May 14 2013 and on our countdown :)

#2719 ChelseyB

• 37 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

fabulous. i'm reserved for May 4th, so we will be planning all of our details at the same time!  we should share what we learn.

#2720 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
                    • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

How far is the place you got your flowers? What did you use for transportation to get there? I'm debating on doing that as well because I didn't care for any of the flowers Jackie sent me.  I can't wait to see your pictures :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users