Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1911 2010wedding

2010wedding
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kwiest79
    Did anyone have a trial run with hair before the wedding day?
    I was worried about hair/make-up and had wondered the same thing. Luisa at the spa was excellent. I had read on the forum to ask for her. Best decision!! I had brought a picture but changed my mind last minute and she put my short bob into an up-do and did a fabulous job on my make-up!! Which was good b/c if she didn't, Dee was going to have to do it!

I brought all my own make-up and brushes and she did such a great job. Not too worry about having a trial and paying the extra $$.

#1912 2010wedding

2010wedding
    • 203 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
      I saw your pics Ginalyn and LOVED them! You look so beautiful .I tried to book him but unfortunately he was already booked for my wedding day. Your ttd session was awesome too. Did you use the resort videographer, and if so how was the DVD? What time of day did you get married? Our ceremony is at 5 p.m. and dinner at 7. Where did you have your reception?
      My wedding was at 5 and dinner was at 7 above Portofino! Thanks again Dee for the inside reception tip. Me and my guests really liked the sunset time, gave me more time to get ready and them more time at the beach!

#1913 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
      • 266 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

I had my trial back home and took step by step pictures to show them at the spa. Luisa did a great job. They only do one hair-do at a time Im told which means if you have tonnes of BM's then be prepared to be early lol. That was the only negative thing. I wanted to get my girls hair done together or at least mine and my maid of honors but she only has one chair.

#1914 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
        • 2,754 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
          I saw your pics Ginalyn and LOVED them! You look so beautiful .I tried to book him but unfortunately he was already booked for my wedding day. Your ttd session was awesome too. Did you use the resort videographer, and if so how was the DVD? What time of day did you get married? Our ceremony is at 5 p.m. and dinner at 7. Where did you have your reception?
          Aw, thanks

I used the resort videographer (video wasn't as important to me as pictures). The DVD was ok, a little hard to hear the ceremony because of the wind. I got married at 3pm because there was another brideon my day. Dinner was at 430 and my reception was outside by the lagoon. I wrote up a full review in the reviews section :)

#1915 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
          • 631 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mwcfarms
            Awe Janna, you are one of my trips perks. Not only did I have the most amazingly perfect day for my wedding, I ended with the bonus of a wonderful friend. So shout of right back at you.

I wouldnt worry about the rehearsal, its an extra cost I think and like Janna says Jacy cues you for everything. If anyone wants to see pics here is a link from my professional photographer we brought from Cancun, who was unbelievably amazing. Sweet, funny and awesome to work with. I also have a bunch of shots up on Facebook if going through her album is too much lol she took 922 pics that day.

PhotoReflect - Photosmile di L&A S.A. de C.V.

if for somereason you need a password let me know. She did some photo editting after she loaded the web album and those are on facebook under Deanna Chambers.

Still working on my review.
            OMG, i LOVE your hair, BM dresses.. and the photographer did an amazing job. Who is she?! Jumping the gun, lol, I'll wait patiently for your full review. But congrats! I am so excited for my turn.
            Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
            At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
            25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#1916 echo2_62

echo2_62
            • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Dee/Janna - either of you have reviews up yet that I might've missed?!?!?

Dee - I'll admit I'm eager to hear about the party hopper tour that you were planning, and if you remember prices and whether you booked through the resort or some place else?!? We don't have anything specific booked just yet so I'm trying to get this and one other day organized soon.

#1917 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

Ooh, also - I was a dummy and forgot to save the email address for Jennifer (?) at the concierge desk... does anyone have that on hand to save me searching through all our posts - I'm horrible at searches still!!

#1918 kwiest79

kwiest79
                • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

Question for past brides! Did you use real flowers in your hair or silk? If silk where did you get them?

#1919 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                  • 266 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

I used the realtouch orchids and bought both my hairpiece and bouquets through wedideas.com

#1920 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                    • 2,754 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

I purchased a hair flower from Etsy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users