Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!
Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:56 AM
Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:14 PM
We stayed just a couple minutes north of Playa that first trip and I was told the ride from the airport was "two beers" and that was about right at a regular drinking pace (also considering it was 5:30am!!). So for a trip south of Playa it will depend on the time of day of course, plus at least one beer long than my last trip. I'm betting that for a mid day transfer, you could get in four delicious beers before getting to the resort!!! LOL! I love Mexico!!!
Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:52 PM
Hi all- this was the reply from Jacy so I guess they can do colored linens.
Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:53 PM
This is an awesome way to pass the time!!!
Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:56 PM
| Originally Posted by mwcfarms |
I was going to add. Originally we wanted to go to Dreams Tulum. I really really wanted pictures done on their staircase. But the distance to Tulum with three infants was too long and then we found Dreams PA. It was smaller and closer to Playa. Although they say its only 45 min from the airport and that is in exceptional condtions. No traffic and no drops offs. My brother said its more like an hour and twenty minutes to hour and half. should be fun after a 5 hour play ride. But its 13 days today. YAY.
Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:14 AM
Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:44 AM
| Originally Posted by acwedding |
what made you pick Dreams Puerto Aventuras?
were still trying to pick our location
we thought we settled on barcelo tropical, but now i am having second thoughts
any suggestions help
pictures, posts on trip advisor, 3.5 star rating, and 2006 story turned me off barcelo
we like a good/big/interesting pool with bar, clean, great beach, good food, i like grand, my fiance does not like big buildings and concrete, he likes trees
1. We stayed next door (Catalonia Riviera Maya) in April 2007 (just us, first trip to Mexico ever) and June 2009 (with 13 family members). We totally fell in love with Puerto Aventuras, but did not want to be at the same resort again... it was a fun place with an amazing beach, but the food was so-so and we wanted a little bit nicer place for our wedding. I'll note that on these trips the ride from airport to hotel was 1 - 1.5 hours. This includes stopping at about 2 other places to drop people off and a gas station stop to pee and get more beer.
2. I was interested in Dreams Cancun.. but FI and my mom thought it looked Star Trek-ish ( I thought it was amazing, but his opinion counts too haha.
3. Dreams Tulum was my next idea. A friend of mine (who was married at Dreams PV) JUST went there for a wedding in June 2009, so I asked her opinion. I knew she had an amazing wedding herself, so she did have something to compare it to. She said she would NOT recommend going there. Not that it was bad, but it was nowhere near as nice as Dreams PV, including food and beach. Because we are beach lovers and not pool hang-outers, she said steer clear.
4. We wanted a place where our guests can snorkel right off the resort beach. Because we stayed next door, we knew the beach here would be GREAT for this. Catalonia's beach is connected to it in the same little bay thing, and I'm pretty sure I accidentally swam in front of Dreams PA while snorkeling on previous trips. Almost any area north of there requires an excursion for good snorkeling according to reviews and those I e-mailed.
5. Absolutely did not want a big secluded just resort where you have to get a taxi to go anywhere else. PA is a great little town where you do feel safe venturing out on foot. There are shops, bars, restaurants, and of course the marina. A baby dolphin was born last time we where there and it was very cool to see. Also (small) golf course right there.
6. Final selling point: soft beds mentioned in reviews, NO RESERVATIONS for dinner! that was such a headache before, and no wearing those plastic bracelets, and plenty of restaurants.
I know how hard it is choosing a resort, but once we found Dreams PA, we just knew it was the perfect place. I hope I've helped you decide one way or another. My FI also doesn't like concrete and buildings, it's Mexico and he wants it to feel like Mexico, not a big ritzy place. Good luck!
At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
25 guests + bride + groom booked
My Wedding Planning Notes
Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:41 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users