Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1361 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

I hope you have the best time marryinghimagain! Congrats on the vow renewal!!! So excited for you!

#1362 Mylene

Mylene
    • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

Bonjour!

I just found this site and I started to look at this tread. I am not done because there is so many information here! We are getting married on January 15th 2010 at the Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We got engaged just beside at the Catalonia 2 years ago!.

We leave on the 9th for 2 weeks and 15 members of our family will arrive on the 13th for 1 week. I got a confirmation of the date and the document from Jacy. Still trying to figure out the reception location. Does it cost something to eat at any restaurant? I wrote el patio for now but still not sure!
      My most important question for now (sorry if it was asked before, not done reading!) is:

Coming from Canada, do we need the apostille on our birth certificate if we were not married before? If not, we just bring passeports and certificates there and they will deal with the paperwork? We want the legal ceremony.

Well I'll keep looking at the previous post and I will try to put a picture of us under my name. I would also like one of those nice timeline but I can't find it yet.
      Talk to you soon and thanks for all the info!

Sorry for the probable mistakes, I am francophone!

#1363 Mylene

Mylene
      • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Just trying to see if my profile picture works

#1364 Mylene

Mylene
        • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

Hummm How do we get the picture and timeline after our text?

#1365 echo2_62

echo2_62
          • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mylene
            Bonjour!

I just found this site and I started to look at this tread. I am not done because there is so many information here! We are getting married on January 15th 2010 at the Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We got engaged just beside at the Catalonia 2 years ago!.

We leave on the 9th for 2 weeks and 15 members of our family will arrive on the 13th for 1 week. I got a confirmation of the date and the document from Jacy. Still trying to figure out the reception location. Does it cost something to eat at any restaurant? I wrote el patio for now but still not sure!
            My most important question for now (sorry if it was asked before, not done reading!) is:

Coming from Canada, do we need the apostille on our birth certificate if we were not married before? If not, we just bring passeports and certificates there and they will deal with the paperwork? We want the legal ceremony.

Well I'll keep looking at the previous post and I will try to put a picture of us under my name. I would also like one of those nice timeline but I can't find it yet.
            Talk to you soon and thanks for all the info!

Sorry for the probable mistakes, I am francophone!
            Welcome Mylene! You'll find a huge amount of help on this site!

As for the restaurants, there are a few different options. If you are going with one of the wedding packages, you may already have meals included and just have to pay some additional fee if you go over the limit of people that are allowed. If you haven't chosen one of these packages, there are other reception options for between $20-45 per person. I don't have more details on that however as I'm still waiting for more details from Jacy. You can ask her to send you the Wedding Package and other details as well.

Although i'm also in Canada (here in Calgary Alberta) I unfortunately can't answer your question about the legal paperwork you need. We decided that it was too much headache and are doing the legal part here and a symbolic ceremony at the resort (although our guests don't know that!!!). I did a very quick google search and found the website for the Mexican Consulates office in Montreal. That would be the first place that I would contact for more clarification!!!! Go to: Mexican Consulate in Montreal, Canada.

Finally, if you want to add one of the countdowns to your signature, I just went to tickerfactory.com. You enter your wedding date and pick your design then it will give you a 'code' that you can copy and paste.
            The best place to go for help with your signatures and countdown type stuff is: Signature Help & Testing.

HAVE FUN!!!
            -meghan

#1366 echo2_62

echo2_62
            • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

Mylene - use the signature link in my message above to find help on getting your pictures and coutndown ticker to work.

#1367 Mylene

Mylene
              • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

Thank you Meghan , I found a few sites for this but I really like yours. I will try this agin tomorrow as I've been on this site too long now and I need to rest!!! Thanks again!

#1368 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                • 266 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

I was told from Jacy, that you need the apostile copy of your birth certificate as well as your passport.

#1369 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                  • 2,754 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

Yay, welcome to the DPA thread Mylene! Your wedding is soon

#1370 Mylene

Mylene
                    • 56 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

Thank you mwc farms! Where do we send our papers to get the apostille? How much does it cost? Do we need to send all of the original or copied documents to Jacy before we arrive or we just take everything with us? Many questions hein? sorry its the only thing I cant quite figure out! Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users