Jump to content
Bianca

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Well ladies, I am going to say goodbye now! Today is my last day of work and we leave on Saturday. I will make sure to check in if i can while I am away to let you know how everything is going. If not, I will be on here right when I get back to offer my help and to let you know how it went.

 

Amanda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I didn't even think to ask the DJ. We actually just decided to go with the DJ so I don't know who we will use. I'm assuming whoever the resort provides. Any advice on that? Has anyone used the DJ the resort provides or have people gone to outside DJs?

 

As for hair/makeup...if you are not using the resort, are you having someone come in or are you doing it yourself?

 

Thanks!

 

Sarah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not heard great things about the resort DJ. I would suggest DJ Mannia or DJDoremixx (spell?). I have heard awesome things. I was going to chose one of those but it was not in my budget, so we are just bringing an IPOD and dancing on the sand to save money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay Amanda, have an amazing trip and wedding, can't wait to hear about it and see some pictures when you get back!!! Enjoy every minute of it, safe travels :)
 

Originally Posted by MrsRobinson12 View Post

Well ladies, I am going to say goodbye now! Today is my last day of work and we leave on Saturday. I will make sure to check in if i can while I am away to let you know how everything is going. If not, I will be on here right when I get back to offer my help and to let you know how it went.

 

Amanda.


 

Hey Sarahlynn,

 

If you are thinking about getting a DJ and you want the light up dance floor then you should definitely look into the DJ's that Amanda suggested. I think you'll save money that way because the resort would charge $800 for just the DJ. We have 38 people coming with us so it would be nice to have the option to rent a smaller light up dane floor. Wow $1100 is a lot eh? But we are saving money but not having a DJ and I think the dance floor would be really fun!

 

I'm just going to have my hair and makeup done in the spa as it's included in the package. A lot of previous brides on here said they were happy with the results so hopefully it turns out ok :)



Originally Posted by sarahlynn12 View Post

Oh, I didn't even think to ask the DJ. We actually just decided to go with the DJ so I don't know who we will use. I'm assuming whoever the resort provides. Any advice on that? Has anyone used the DJ the resort provides or have people gone to outside DJs?

 

As for hair/makeup...if you are not using the resort, are you having someone come in or are you doing it yourself?

 

Thanks!

 

Sarah



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies!

I am back from my honeymoon which was AMAZING!!!

So if anyone has any questions about the wedding or resort, feel free to ask! I'll be able to answer now!

Also, we should be getting the "photographer's favourites" photos soon for both the wedding and TTD! So I will post the links as soon as I get them! I can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies - I have a few questions for the Mrs. who have been married at Dreams Puerto Aventuras....

 

1. Anyone get married here in late August/early September?  If so, how was the weather?  

2. In regards to the reception... what are my options for locations (does anyone have pics to share?).  I haven't been able to get a clear answer about the reception locations. 

3. I'm undecided between the Dreams of Love and Ultimate packages.  Anyone have any comments as to which package they chose?

 

Thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Colm226,

 

My wedding is not until May but maybe I can help you with some info I do know. As for reception locations, you can have it on the beach, in the wedding gazebo (if it's a small group), by the adult pool (but no kids allowed), or in the room above Portofino restaurant (it has a/c!).

You may also be able to have it at one of the a la carte restaurants such as Oceana Grill or El Patio; however, there is an additional $750 fee for this. El Patio is BEAUTIFUL, but there is no a/c and other brides have said it can get so hot in there. Oceana is a nice location by the adults only pool, but again there are no kids allowed over there. You can find pictures of the restaurants online.

 

We are going with the Ultimate wedding package. I think the decision should just come down to things that you are looking for. I love the gazebo decor that is included in the Ultimate package (the white organza/tulle draping) and we really wanted a mariachi band to play at our cocktail hour. So for us the extra money for the Ultimate package is worth it because we would have been spending extra on these things anyways :)

 

Happy planning,

 

Allie
 

Originally Posted by colm226 View Post

Hi Ladies - I have a few questions for the Mrs. who have been married at Dreams Puerto Aventuras....

 

1. Anyone get married here in late August/early September?  If so, how was the weather?  

2. In regards to the reception... what are my options for locations (does anyone have pics to share?).  I haven't been able to get a clear answer about the reception locations. 

3. I'm undecided between the Dreams of Love and Ultimate packages.  Anyone have any comments as to which package they chose?

 

Thanks!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×