Jump to content
Bianca

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

echo,

Dang you accomplished a lot! which program did u use to convert word to pdf? i need to do that for my invites too. Thanks

 

Ginalyn, Nice to hear they didn't charge you to sit together at the World Cafe. Would u say the lagoon was that much less windy then the beach reception area? Oh do you have a copy of ur video posted. Biancas post through seemed really bad quality... prob just the video sharing program... im hoping

 

Everyone, I really want to wear my hair down, do you think I can get away with it in May? I want messy curls so I'm not worried about the wind messing up, I just dont want it to b distracting. Do u think there is anyway to put up a wind block or have a bridemaid hold something to block the wind from hitting me and my FI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrianne View Post
echo,
Dang you accomplished a lot! which program did u use to convert word to pdf? i need to do that for my invites too. Thanks

The website I found was: Convert MS Word (doc) files to Adobe Acrobat files (pdf) for free. No login required. and just at the bottom of this page there is Browse button. Just navigate to your saved .doc word file and then click Convert Document. Be warned however that your formatting from Word may not convert exactly as you see it so you'll probably need to do some tweaking and editing (and the final word document might end up looking rather messy too!).

My challenge now is to figure out how to get this stupid printer to give me better copies than what it's doing right now! Yes, I'm being sneaky and printing them at work - or at least I thought I was being sneaky! The print job looks amazing on regular paper but isn't coming out so nice on the cardstock sad.gif I might just see how much it is for the copy shop downstairs to do it if I can't figure this out. Arg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac28 View Post
gina also i wanted to know....those little tequila bottles that you had....where did you find them?
I am doing the little tequila bottles, also. I have been told that they "usually" have them in the gift shop at DPA with the price ranging from $2.00-$7.00. But they are sometimes out of stock. In that case, they can be found in Playa del Carmen in many of the shops. Someone told me to check our state liquor stores, that they also have them or can order them in. I live in PA and am going to check if I can get them here. (I however, only need 8 of them so don't have to worry about hauling many of them to MX.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post

We're planning to go with the complimentary package for ours and sounds like we have some of the same ideas you do. We're planning to have our ceremony in the afternoon, do a cocktail reception and a first dance or two, then head off to dinner. Neither one of us is terribly formal so that's why we didn't opt for one of the higher packages. I'm hoping we can work something simple out with Jacy and when you do finally hear from her, I'd love to know what she says so I don't turn around and ask the same questions!! And if you don't seem to be getting the answers you need, I'd personally just get as specific as I possibly could for what I wanted and just keep at it. From what I've heard, everyone has had a great experience so even though I'm sure to have my stresses along the way, I think it'll all work out.
Sharing my info:
I heard back from Jacy. She said that we can add whatever extras we would like in addition to the complimentary package. A private dinner will be $25.00/pp and can be held in the gazebo or on the beach. The cake cutting and toast can be held after the ceremony or at the private dinner. Guests can just go to one of the bars for an informal cocktail hour while pics are being taken. Then back to either gazebo or beach for the private dinner. An extra bouquet for bridesmaid is $45.00, an extra bout is $20.00.
As for music.... there is electricity in the gazebo that we can use free of extra charge. She said many brides bring their own Ipod and speakers. To use their sound system equipment is extra charge (as we all knew).
We can add whatever photo package we would like.
I can bring whatever decorations I would like and they will put them up with no additional charge.
She was very helpful. I feel much less stressed about it now. She said all these things can be handled once we arrive and everything can be as I want it. She gave me the minister's email addy so I can talk directly to him with any concerns.
I know feel like I have a plan! YAY! smile29.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats awesome. Yes she told me private dinners were 18/25/45 US depending on menu. And she said if you bump up the package and dont need the photographer you can sub in for extra decorations or video etc. Which is great. Now I just need to sit down this weekend and figure out which is going to cost less and how much. Echo what weight is your cardstock. Some printers only go up to a maximum weight in cardstock. That might be the case with yours. Cant wait to see how they turn out. I took Becky's template and made mine like hers but then I added an embossed palm tree and embossed outter envelope. Very much the same as hers though. Thanks to Becky hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrianne View Post
Would u say the lagoon was that much less windy then the beach reception area? Oh do you have a copy of ur video posted. Biancas post through seemed really bad quality... prob just the video sharing program... im hoping
For me it was less windy at the lagoon than it was at the gazebo/beach reception area. That was in the June timeframe though, I'm not sure what it's like at other times of the year. One thing to note, it was windy at the gazebo during the ceremony (my veil was going everywhere but my MOH tucked it into the back of my dress). I brought fans for people but they didn't need them. They used them during the reception though.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of my video posted. I think Bianca's video may have seen "bad" because of the video sharing program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by marryinghimagain View Post
Sharing my info:
I heard back from Jacy. She said that we can add whatever extras we would like in addition to the complimentary package. A private dinner will be $25.00/pp and can be held in the gazebo or on the beach. The cake cutting and toast can be held after the ceremony or at the private dinner. Guests can just go to one of the bars for an informal cocktail hour while pics are being taken. Then back to either gazebo or beach for the private dinner. An extra bouquet for bridesmaid is $45.00, an extra bout is $20.00.
As for music.... there is electricity in the gazebo that we can use free of extra charge. She said many brides bring their own Ipod and speakers. To use their sound system equipment is extra charge (as we all knew).
We can add whatever photo package we would like.
I can bring whatever decorations I would like and they will put them up with no additional charge.
She was very helpful. I feel much less stressed about it now. She said all these things can be handled once we arrive and everything can be as I want it. She gave me the minister's email addy so I can talk directly to him with any concerns.
I know feel like I have a plan! YAY! smile29.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcfarms View Post
Thats awesome. Yes she told me private dinners were 18/25/45 US depending on menu. And she said if you bump up the package and dont need the photographer you can sub in for extra decorations or video etc. Which is great. Now I just need to sit down this weekend and figure out which is going to cost less and how much. Echo what weight is your cardstock. Some printers only go up to a maximum weight in cardstock. That might be the case with yours. Cant wait to see how they turn out. I took Becky's template and made mine like hers but then I added an embossed palm tree and embossed outter envelope. Very much the same as hers though. Thanks to Becky hehe.
Okay so I just want to be totally clear before I get too excited here... you're both going with the complimentary wedding package so the quotes for cost of a private dinner (18/25/45 per person) was not in addition to any other fees is that correct? We hadn't made any definite decisions on what we wanted to do for a dinner yet and were actually considering going into Playa del carmen somewhere if the cost was going to be the $55/65 as quoted for the silver/gold costs. If we can do something more basic - which is totally more our style - for the prices that you've mentioned here then that will be infinitely easier and less stressful for me to manage. We're still having some "discussions" about what to do for photos (a rather frustrating story) so having more of an open, informal cocktail hour would work well for us too. Wow, pre-emptive sigh of relief here.


As for the paper weight, I'm using a 110lb cardstock. And my office computer has a setting specifically for cardstock but that doesn't seem to matter. I'm wondering if part of the problem is because it's a laser printer (I think!) and not an inkjet printer? Oddly enough I got a bit better print when I did it as a photocopy rather than as a direct print off my computer. There are a couple other ladies on my floor that seem to be better with the printer anyways so I might ask them for help too! They all love to hear stories about my planning so I may as well get them involved!!

-> marringhimagain: I can totally feel your planning relief from here and I'm so happy for you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Okay so I just want to be totally clear before I get too excited here... you're both going with the complimentary wedding package so the quotes for cost of a private dinner (18/25/45 per person) was not in addition to any other fees is that correct? We hadn't made any definite decisions on what we wanted to do for a dinner yet and were actually considering going into Playa del carmen somewhere if the cost was going to be the $55/65 as quoted for the silver/gold costs. If we can do something more basic - which is totally more our style - for the prices that you've mentioned here then that will be infinitely easier and less stressful for me to manage. We're still having some "discussions" about what to do for photos (a rather frustrating story) so having more of an open, informal cocktail hour would work well for us too. Wow, pre-emptive sigh of relief here.



-> marringhimagain: I can totally feel your planning relief from here and I'm so happy for you!!!
Yes, that is correct. We are going with the complimentary package and adding on the private dinner at the price quoted above. There is no additional charge on top of that, for the dinner. Our guests are going to do the informal cocktail hour at one of the bars while we do pictures. (We are going to add a photo package with the resort photographer.)
If it helps you any, I will do a review when I get back and let you know how it all works out. I feel fairly (can't expect totally...lol) confident that it will all be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Okay so I just want to be totally clear before I get too excited here... you're both going with the complimentary wedding package so the quotes for cost of a private dinner (18/25/45 per person) was not in addition to any other fees is that correct? We hadn't made any definite decisions on what we wanted to do for a dinner yet and were actually considering going into Playa del carmen somewhere if the cost was going to be the $55/65 as quoted for the silver/gold costs. If we can do something more basic - which is totally more our style - for the prices that you've mentioned here then that will be infinitely easier and less stressful for me to manage. We're still having some "discussions" about what to do for photos (a rather frustrating story) so having more of an open, informal cocktail hour would work well for us too. Wow, pre-emptive sigh of relief here.

 

Ditto Ditto Ditto! Having a cheaper option was what I was hoping for, yay!smile03.gif Thanks for sharing the info. I wonder if we get the gold package and have more then 20 guests if we can still pick the 18 or 25 dollar per person menu. Or will we have to go with the silver/gold menuhuh.gif

 

Ginalyn, Thanks for the further details about your location. Did you find the wind distracting to your ceremony. For example, did people have trouble hearing the vows etc?

And just in case Bianca comes back.. I meant bad as in quality. The ceremony and the couple were gorgeous.

 

Is anyone thinking of ceremony decorations. I love the hanging orchid ideas Click the image to open in full size. or maybe crystals and flowers?

 

and white tull/fabric draped everywhere Click the image to open in full size.

Now how I'm going to fit it all into my suitcase I have no idea plane.gifplane.gif

 

What decorations are other people bringing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrianne View Post
Ginalyn, Thanks for the further details about your location. Did you find the wind distracting to your ceremony. For example, did people have trouble hearing the vows etc? And just in case Bianca comes back.. I meant bad as in quality. The ceremony and the couple were gorgeous
I did not find the wind distracting to the ceremony. The microphones and speakers allowed everyone to hear just fine cheesy.gif And yes, Bianca and everything about her wedding was beautiful!

I love the hanging orchids and white tulle idea! Are you going to use fake or real orchids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
    • Hello all, 
      I am here to get some suggestions on the best places to go on a honeymoon. I am getting married by the end of next month. 
      I was thinking of Bali or Maldives. But just wanted to know other beautiful and romantic places. The wedding banquet hall is a gift from our parents. The hall they have booked for us is one of the best banquet halls in Vaughan I’ve ever seen... Other arrangements like the videographer, photographer, wedding dress, reception dress are all finalized. The next week we have the pre-wedding shoot. Also, I'll start sending the invitations the same week. So, it is going to be hectic and I don't have time to rest or look for some nice places. So, if anyone here could suggest some places would be a great help. 
      Let me know your suggestions. 
      Thanks in advance! 
    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
  • Topics

×