Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

echo,

Dang you accomplished a lot! which program did u use to convert word to pdf? i need to do that for my invites too. Thanks

Ginalyn, Nice to hear they didn't charge you to sit together at the World Cafe. Would u say the lagoon was that much less windy then the beach reception area? Oh do you have a copy of ur video posted. Biancas post through seemed really bad quality... prob just the video sharing program... im hoping

Everyone, I really want to wear my hair down, do you think I can get away with it in May? I want messy curls so I'm not worried about the wind messing up, I just dont want it to b distracting. Do u think there is anyway to put up a wind block or have a bridemaid hold something to block the wind from hitting me and my FI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrianne View Post
echo,
Dang you accomplished a lot! which program did u use to convert word to pdf? i need to do that for my invites too. Thanks

The website I found was: Convert MS Word (doc) files to Adobe Acrobat files (pdf) for free. No login required. and just at the bottom of this page there is Browse button. Just navigate to your saved .doc word file and then click Convert Document. Be warned however that your formatting from Word may not convert exactly as you see it so you'll probably need to do some tweaking and editing (and the final word document might end up looking rather messy too!).

My challenge now is to figure out how to get this stupid printer to give me better copies than what it's doing right now! Yes, I'm being sneaky and printing them at work - or at least I thought I was being sneaky! The print job looks amazing on regular paper but isn't coming out so nice on the cardstock sad.gif I might just see how much it is for the copy shop downstairs to do it if I can't figure this out. Arg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac28 View Post
gina also i wanted to know....those little tequila bottles that you had....where did you find them?
I am doing the little tequila bottles, also. I have been told that they "usually" have them in the gift shop at DPA with the price ranging from $2.00-$7.00. But they are sometimes out of stock. In that case, they can be found in Playa del Carmen in many of the shops. Someone told me to check our state liquor stores, that they also have them or can order them in. I live in PA and am going to check if I can get them here. (I however, only need 8 of them so don't have to worry about hauling many of them to MX.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post

We're planning to go with the complimentary package for ours and sounds like we have some of the same ideas you do. We're planning to have our ceremony in the afternoon, do a cocktail reception and a first dance or two, then head off to dinner. Neither one of us is terribly formal so that's why we didn't opt for one of the higher packages. I'm hoping we can work something simple out with Jacy and when you do finally hear from her, I'd love to know what she says so I don't turn around and ask the same questions!! And if you don't seem to be getting the answers you need, I'd personally just get as specific as I possibly could for what I wanted and just keep at it. From what I've heard, everyone has had a great experience so even though I'm sure to have my stresses along the way, I think it'll all work out.
Sharing my info:
I heard back from Jacy. She said that we can add whatever extras we would like in addition to the complimentary package. A private dinner will be $25.00/pp and can be held in the gazebo or on the beach. The cake cutting and toast can be held after the ceremony or at the private dinner. Guests can just go to one of the bars for an informal cocktail hour while pics are being taken. Then back to either gazebo or beach for the private dinner. An extra bouquet for bridesmaid is $45.00, an extra bout is $20.00.
As for music.... there is electricity in the gazebo that we can use free of extra charge. She said many brides bring their own Ipod and speakers. To use their sound system equipment is extra charge (as we all knew).
We can add whatever photo package we would like.
I can bring whatever decorations I would like and they will put them up with no additional charge.
She was very helpful. I feel much less stressed about it now. She said all these things can be handled once we arrive and everything can be as I want it. She gave me the minister's email addy so I can talk directly to him with any concerns.
I know feel like I have a plan! YAY! smile29.gif

Thats awesome. Yes she told me private dinners were 18/25/45 US depending on menu. And she said if you bump up the package and dont need the photographer you can sub in for extra decorations or video etc. Which is great. Now I just need to sit down this weekend and figure out which is going to cost less and how much. Echo what weight is your cardstock. Some printers only go up to a maximum weight in cardstock. That might be the case with yours. Cant wait to see how they turn out. I took Becky's template and made mine like hers but then I added an embossed palm tree and embossed outter envelope. Very much the same as hers though. Thanks to Becky hehe.

Quote:
Would u say the lagoon was that much less windy then the beach reception area? Oh do you have a copy of ur video posted. Biancas post through seemed really bad quality... prob just the video sharing program... im hoping
For me it was less windy at the lagoon than it was at the gazebo/beach reception area. That was in the June timeframe though, I'm not sure what it's like at other times of the year. One thing to note, it was windy at the gazebo during the ceremony (my veil was going everywhere but my MOH tucked it into the back of my dress). I brought fans for people but they didn't need them. They used them during the reception though.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of my video posted. I think Bianca's video may have seen "bad" because of the video sharing program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marryinghimagain View Post
Sharing my info:
I heard back from Jacy. She said that we can add whatever extras we would like in addition to the complimentary package. A private dinner will be $25.00/pp and can be held in the gazebo or on the beach. The cake cutting and toast can be held after the ceremony or at the private dinner. Guests can just go to one of the bars for an informal cocktail hour while pics are being taken. Then back to either gazebo or beach for the private dinner. An extra bouquet for bridesmaid is $45.00, an extra bout is $20.00.
As for music.... there is electricity in the gazebo that we can use free of extra charge. She said many brides bring their own Ipod and speakers. To use their sound system equipment is extra charge (as we all knew).
We can add whatever photo package we would like.
I can bring whatever decorations I would like and they will put them up with no additional charge.
She was very helpful. I feel much less stressed about it now. She said all these things can be handled once we arrive and everything can be as I want it. She gave me the minister's email addy so I can talk directly to him with any concerns.
I know feel like I have a plan! YAY! smile29.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcfarms View Post
Thats awesome. Yes she told me private dinners were 18/25/45 US depending on menu. And she said if you bump up the package and dont need the photographer you can sub in for extra decorations or video etc. Which is great. Now I just need to sit down this weekend and figure out which is going to cost less and how much. Echo what weight is your cardstock. Some printers only go up to a maximum weight in cardstock. That might be the case with yours. Cant wait to see how they turn out. I took Becky's template and made mine like hers but then I added an embossed palm tree and embossed outter envelope. Very much the same as hers though. Thanks to Becky hehe.
Okay so I just want to be totally clear before I get too excited here... you're both going with the complimentary wedding package so the quotes for cost of a private dinner (18/25/45 per person) was not in addition to any other fees is that correct? We hadn't made any definite decisions on what we wanted to do for a dinner yet and were actually considering going into Playa del carmen somewhere if the cost was going to be the $55/65 as quoted for the silver/gold costs. If we can do something more basic - which is totally more our style - for the prices that you've mentioned here then that will be infinitely easier and less stressful for me to manage. We're still having some "discussions" about what to do for photos (a rather frustrating story) so having more of an open, informal cocktail hour would work well for us too. Wow, pre-emptive sigh of relief here.

As for the paper weight, I'm using a 110lb cardstock. And my office computer has a setting specifically for cardstock but that doesn't seem to matter. I'm wondering if part of the problem is because it's a laser printer (I think!) and not an inkjet printer? Oddly enough I got a bit better print when I did it as a photocopy rather than as a direct print off my computer. There are a couple other ladies on my floor that seem to be better with the printer anyways so I might ask them for help too! They all love to hear stories about my planning so I may as well get them involved!!

-> marringhimagain: I can totally feel your planning relief from here and I'm so happy for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Okay so I just want to be totally clear before I get too excited here... you're both going with the complimentary wedding package so the quotes for cost of a private dinner (18/25/45 per person) was not in addition to any other fees is that correct? We hadn't made any definite decisions on what we wanted to do for a dinner yet and were actually considering going into Playa del carmen somewhere if the cost was going to be the $55/65 as quoted for the silver/gold costs. If we can do something more basic - which is totally more our style - for the prices that you've mentioned here then that will be infinitely easier and less stressful for me to manage. We're still having some "discussions" about what to do for photos (a rather frustrating story) so having more of an open, informal cocktail hour would work well for us too. Wow, pre-emptive sigh of relief here.

-> marringhimagain: I can totally feel your planning relief from here and I'm so happy for you!!!
Yes, that is correct. We are going with the complimentary package and adding on the private dinner at the price quoted above. There is no additional charge on top of that, for the dinner. Our guests are going to do the informal cocktail hour at one of the bars while we do pictures. (We are going to add a photo package with the resort photographer.)
If it helps you any, I will do a review when I get back and let you know how it all works out. I feel fairly (can't expect totally...lol) confident that it will all be great!

Ditto Ditto Ditto! Having a cheaper option was what I was hoping for, yay!smile03.gif Thanks for sharing the info. I wonder if we get the gold package and have more then 20 guests if we can still pick the 18 or 25 dollar per person menu. Or will we have to go with the silver/gold menuhuh.gif

Ginalyn, Thanks for the further details about your location. Did you find the wind distracting to your ceremony. For example, did people have trouble hearing the vows etc?

And just in case Bianca comes back.. I meant bad as in quality. The ceremony and the couple were gorgeous.

Is anyone thinking of ceremony decorations. I love the hanging orchid ideas Click the image to open in full size. or maybe crystals and flowers?

and white tull/fabric draped everywhere Click the image to open in full size.

Now how I'm going to fit it all into my suitcase I have no idea plane.gifplane.gif

What decorations are other people bringing?

Quote:
Ginalyn, Thanks for the further details about your location. Did you find the wind distracting to your ceremony. For example, did people have trouble hearing the vows etc? And just in case Bianca comes back.. I meant bad as in quality. The ceremony and the couple were gorgeous
I did not find the wind distracting to the ceremony. The microphones and speakers allowed everyone to hear just fine cheesy.gif And yes, Bianca and everything about her wedding was beautiful!

I love the hanging orchids and white tulle idea! Are you going to use fake or real orchids?