Diva Cup / Instead Cup - tampon / pad alternative

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, I'm good with the Diva cup, I used that for 2 days too.  I think I do like it more then the instead, but I can't figure out how to remove the instead cup w/o making a mess.

#122 Birdie07

Birdie07
    • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

The instead is a little trickier. Try bearing down before you take it. It will cause the "seal" to break and should empty by itself. Then pull it out. Another way is to carry disposable gloves with you. Put the glove on, pull it out then empty it. Then squeeze it together like you're putting in, pull the glove from the wrist down and pull the instead cup inside the glove to throw away. Presto, no mess! Hope one of those will help you!

#123 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
      • 173 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:56 AM

OMG you really do learn something new everyday!!! I have never heard of these, but will check out the website in more detail when i have more time. Shocking! lol

#124 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
        • 173 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

Hmmm i think it might only be an american thing, doesnt look as though they ship to the UK, maybe why i havent heard of them :-( You get all the good things in America, not fair! lol

#125 Birdie07

Birdie07
          • 1,218 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Susan'n'Dean 

Hmmm i think it might only be an american thing, doesnt look as though they ship to the UK, maybe why i havent heard of them :-( You get all the good things in America, not fair! lol

Def. not just American thing. Try the moon cup. I believe its in the UK.

#126 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
            • 173 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

I shall have a look tomorrow and see whats about then. Better not do it now as i am at work on a nite shift, and it might not look too great if that was to come up in the history of the works computer lol

#127 Caprice35

Caprice35
              • 188 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Wow..sounds like a great idea. Luckily, I timed my wedding around my menstrual cycle.

#128 magirl

magirl
                • 198 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

I love my diva cup but now that im on nuva ring they clash...once my period begins its time to put the ring back in and then the cup doesn't work with it. :-(

however my period is much lighter so just using a liner is fine.

#129 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
                  • 173 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

I ordered the moon cup and it arrived today. I will let you know how i get on with it! Fingers crossed its easy, To me it looks quite big to just push up there, it may prove me wrong though!!!!

Originally Posted by CaliaA07 

Def. not just American thing. Try the moon cup. I believe its in the UK.

#130 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
                    • 173 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:57 AM

Ok i have it in place this morning. Its true that its easier to insert the mooncup when you rinse it under water. I cannot feel it, it just feels warm down there. Lets just see if it leaks!!! I have a 10 hour flight to Jamaica on Tuesday, dare i use it then???? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users