Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
boscobel

Diva Cup / Instead Cup - tampon / pad alternative

Recommended Posts


Ha ha...yes, it would easier on the wallet.  But I mean, Dalton McGuinty did us a huge favour and didn't apply HST to our feminine hygiene projects...lmao :)

 

Hmm...might look into it again.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by lesee View Post

It takes a bit to get used to but once you get the hang of placement I think it is. There are a number of reasons why I like it but the top 3 - better for me, better for the environment and better on the wallet - you're not constantly buying tampons!
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought Instead a couple of years ago and gave it a shot then. I didn't like it at all. After reading this thread I may give it another go. It works OK for periods that are quite light?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is honestly the best thing I've ever done!!!! I bought mine 5 years ago and haven't looked back. It's great for light periods, heavy periods, helped with cramps, and you don't have to mess with it more than twice a day! I get up in the morning and wash it, then wash it before bed...it really doesn't get any easier than that. Plus I feel so much better that I'm not creating any waste with all the packaging that pads and tampons come in....so environmentally friendly!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I have heard of this. Sounds very strange but intriguing. Not sure if I would trust it. Would love to hear more reviews though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by SammyAnna View Post

 

First I have heard of this. Sounds very strange but intriguing. Not sure if I would trust it. Would love to hear more reviews though :)

 

What's not to trust!? Tampons are brutal and pads are worse lol. http://lunapads.com/diva-cup.html check out the website. I bought mine years ago and would NEVER go back. There are hundreds of reviews on the divacup website. Seriously the best thing I have ever done :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by philanab View Post

 

I bought Instead a couple of years ago and gave it a shot then. I didn't like it at all. After reading this thread I may give it another go. It works OK for periods that are quite light?

 

The instead is somewhat different than the Diva

 

I use a different brand of cup, but it's by far the best thing I've ever done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by julienelson0713 View Post

 

This is honestly the best thing I've ever done!!!! I bought mine 5 years ago and haven't looked back. It's great for light periods, heavy periods, helped with cramps, and you don't have to mess with it more than twice a day! I get up in the morning and wash it, then wash it before bed...it really doesn't get any easier than that. Plus I feel so much better that I'm not creating any waste with all the packaging that pads and tampons come in....so environmentally friendly!!!!

I want to try this so bad for over a year now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MsFaszion View Post

 

I want to try this so bad for over a year now.

 

Do it! Use the promo code LUNANEWS when you buy it online from http://lunapads.com/diva-cup.html for $5 off! Or they now sell them at London Drugs and basically any health store :) I did it as an 'experiment' for a paper I was writing and was like, HOW have I not heard of this?! Changed my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't figure out how to insert. I bought a box and 6 of my co-workers looked at the box for hours discussing how to insert it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by traylynn View Post
 

I still can't figure out how to insert. I bought a box and 6 of my co-workers looked at the box for hours discussing how to insert it

http://divacup.com/how-it-works/how-it-works/   This is the how-to page. There are also lots of videos on youtube :) It's WELL worth the learning curve :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
    • Thank you! I did not make these. I purchased them from a business. They are still for sale if you are interested!
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...