Jump to content

Photo

Any other 2010 Brides out there????


  • Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#151 SoontobeMrsP

SoontobeMrsP
  • Newbie
  • 5 posts

    Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

    I'm an April 2010 bride. We are getting married in Mexico, hopefully Puerto Vallarta. We are going on our scouting trip this April. So much to get done, so little time.

    #152 BillysBride

    BillysBride
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,255 posts

      Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

      I am getting married in May 2010 and I cannot wait! We have picked Isla Mujeres, Mexico. It seems like 2010 is so far away, but Im sure it will be here before we know it. Plus it gives everyone time to SAVE SAVE SAVE.....
      Hey! You're getting married on Isla the week after us! What all have you decided on yet?
      Savannah

      http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

      #153 waltandjean

      waltandjean
      • Jr. Member
      • 177 posts

        Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

        Im also a 2010 bride. We just got engaged two weeks ago and wanted to have a fall wedding. Fall 2009 just seemed to close.. so we chose to go with a 2010 wedding instead. Gives plenty of time to save some money!

        #154 BirminghamBride2010

        BirminghamBride2010
        • Newbie
        • 85 posts

          Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by BillysBride


          Hey! You're getting married on Isla the week after us! What all have you decided on yet?
          We have decided the colors, location, place to stay and that's about it. We are seeking the help of a wedding planner there on the island. We are staying at Ixchel Beach Condos. We know a owner of a couple of condos and she is really nice. We decided againt the all inclusive because we really wanted to get out and explore the island. Plus its not expensive at all to go downtown and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus happy hour drinks!!
          We are going to use the area in front of buhos's to have the ceremony/reception.
          I am getting excited.
          Have you decided where you are going to have your ceremony?

          #155 BillysBride

          BillysBride
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,255 posts

            Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:49 AM

            Hey Birmingham! I know what you mean about Isla..we're booking the Avalon, but not doing the all inclusive and advising our guests not to book AI either. The ceremony will be in the gazebo overlooking the water on the north side I believe. There are just too many cheap dining options in town and such a short distance away. We picked the Avalon because it's way affordable and our biggest concern has been keeping down costs for our families. We're working with the coordinator though because I'm not thrilled with what I've heard about the rooms in the main hotel and everyone suggests the Studio Villa's so we're trying to book a room block of those and they are really nice!

            Most of the room rates even without AI still come with breakfast, so I thought that would be nice for the guests who want to get up, grab a bite and get out and about and still have the option of eating the rest of their meals in town. I can't wait to rent a golf cart and explore the island! That was one of the biggest draws for us, how it seems like it's own private island away from the insanity of Cancun. We aren't ones to want to be surrounded by constant activity, so Isla seems perfect for us.
            Savannah

            http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

            #156 BirminghamBride2010

            BirminghamBride2010
            • Newbie
            • 85 posts

              Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BillysBride
              Hey Birmingham! I know what you mean about Isla..we're booking the Avalon, but not doing the all inclusive and advising our guests not to book AI either. The ceremony will be in the gazebo overlooking the water on the north side I believe. There are just too many cheap dining options in town and such a short distance away. We picked the Avalon because it's way affordable and our biggest concern has been keeping down costs for our families. We're working with the coordinator though because I'm not thrilled with what I've heard about the rooms in the main hotel and everyone suggests the Studio Villa's so we're trying to book a room block of those and they are really nice!

              Most of the room rates even without AI still come with breakfast, so I thought that would be nice for the guests who want to get up, grab a bite and get out and about and still have the option of eating the rest of their meals in town. I can't wait to rent a golf cart and explore the island! That was one of the biggest draws for us, how it seems like it's own private island away from the insanity of Cancun. We aren't ones to want to be surrounded by constant activity, so Isla seems perfect for us.
              I think it will be the perfect place for us as well. Not to busy, but if we wanna go over to cancun we have the option to do so.
              Have you already started purchasing thing to go in your OTT bags? I want to start so bad, but I feel like its SOOO early. I did order a sample of the .99 cents bags from cheaptotes. Can't decide if I like it or not. I did purchase some monongrams to use.
              Do you have a wedding coordinator? There are a couple on the island I believe, but the Avalon probably will make you use their WC.
              Will you are your husband still be on the island May 13?

              #157 BillysBride

              BillysBride
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,255 posts

                Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by BirminghamBride2010
                I think it will be the perfect place for us as well. Not to busy, but if we wanna go over to cancun we have the option to do so.
                Have you already started purchasing thing to go in your OTT bags? I want to start so bad, but I feel like its SOOO early. I did order a sample of the .99 cents bags from cheaptotes. Can't decide if I like it or not. I did purchase some monongrams to use.
                Do you have a wedding coordinator? There are a couple on the island I believe, but the Avalon probably will make you use their WC.
                Will you are your husband still be on the island May 13?
                Hey, we should probably still be there! We haven't decided how long we'll try to take our honeymoon for. If we are, we DEFINITELY have to meet up! Be so cool to meet another BDW bride on her wedding trip!

                You know, I'm going through the same thing..I've been on discount sites and Ebay for the past four or five days, barely holding myself back from buying stuff for my bags! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one...it's fun to mentally put 'em together even though I know they are usually the very last thing people get around to doing before they leave! haha

                I know what bags I'm getting, and I found the PERFECT tissue paper to go inside them. I had been debating getting yellow/gold bags with chocolate piping around the edges vs. just chocolate/coffee colored bags (my colors are chocolate, ivory and gold). Then it hit me today that I should just get chocolate bags and put gold tissue paper inside.lol..I found the PERFECT marble ivory and gold tissue paper..it's insane. So I did go ahead and buy that because I figure it's rare and I haven't seen it before so I didn't want to take any chances.

                I just started contacting some travel agents and I've talked with the resort coordinator a couple of times (one via email, one on the phone). She has promised to get pricing to me in the next couple of weeks and sent some prelim questions for me to get back to her, which ofcourse I did as soon as I opened the damn email. lol Guess we're all just at that stage where we wann DO something, but there just isn't much we CAN do.

                Oh, I did find a dress TODAY! Is that insane or what? I'd had the idea of what kind of style I wanted and even put money down on one previously (we had planned a date this year, but lots of things happened in our families to make it unworkable), but I saw this Sophia Tolli dress online over the weekend, then just got a wild hair to do an Ebay search today...it was there! Brand new, in a bridal shop trying to get rid of some of its 2007 inventory! It retails for like $1200 but I got it today for $199! It's Ivory with some metallic gold detailing so it will go with my colors perfectly! I'm still in schock.

                OK, sorry for the insanely bubbly long post...it's just great to talk to someone whose where I am and GOING where I'm going. haha!

                Catch me up on what you've been thinking so far. I need to look up your ceremony site.
                Savannah

                http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

                #158 ebredhawk

                ebredhawk
                • Member
                • 949 posts

                  Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

                  savannah that sounds like an AMAZING deal on your dress! thank goodness for ebay! you will have to let us all know when you get it and how it looks!

                  questions for you ladies with dates earlier in 2010... have you been able to start getting your guests booked and have your airfare prices been okay so far? i'm sooo anxious to get prices and get everyone rolling so i just want to know what i'm in for! i JUST started my DIY boarding pass invites too and i hate waiting for prices to send them out... patience is overrated!

                  #159 BirminghamBride2010

                  BirminghamBride2010
                  • Newbie
                  • 85 posts

                    Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BillysBride
                    Hey, we should probably still be there! We haven't decided how long we'll try to take our honeymoon for. If we are, we DEFINITELY have to meet up! Be so cool to meet another BDW bride on her wedding trip!

                    You know, I'm going through the same thing..I've been on discount sites and Ebay for the past four or five days, barely holding myself back from buying stuff for my bags! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one...it's fun to mentally put 'em together even though I know they are usually the very last thing people get around to doing before they leave! haha

                    I know what bags I'm getting, and I found the PERFECT tissue paper to go inside them. I had been debating getting yellow/gold bags with chocolate piping around the edges vs. just chocolate/coffee colored bags (my colors are chocolate, ivory and gold). Then it hit me today that I should just get chocolate bags and put gold tissue paper inside.lol..I found the PERFECT marble ivory and gold tissue paper..it's insane. So I did go ahead and buy that because I figure it's rare and I haven't seen it before so I didn't want to take any chances.

                    I just started contacting some travel agents and I've talked with the resort coordinator a couple of times (one via email, one on the phone). She has promised to get pricing to me in the next couple of weeks and sent some prelim questions for me to get back to her, which ofcourse I did as soon as I opened the damn email. lol Guess we're all just at that stage where we wann DO something, but there just isn't much we CAN do.

                    Oh, I did find a dress TODAY! Is that insane or what? I'd had the idea of what kind of style I wanted and even put money down on one previously (we had planned a date this year, but lots of things happened in our families to make it unworkable), but I saw this Sophia Tolli dress online over the weekend, then just got a wild hair to do an Ebay search today...it was there! Brand new, in a bridal shop trying to get rid of some of its 2007 inventory! It retails for like $1200 but I got it today for $199! It's Ivory with some metallic gold detailing so it will go with my colors perfectly! I'm still in schock.

                    OK, sorry for the insanely bubbly long post...it's just great to talk to someone whose where I am and GOING where I'm going. haha!

                    Catch me up on what you've been thinking so far. I need to look up your ceremony site.

                    I don't mind at all. I am so jealous you found a dress already. I am still "looking". Like I have posted before, I want a maggie dress, but i dont have to have one. I am getting married on the beach right before the sun goes down. My guys are going really casual, linen pants and long sleeve shirts, so I dont want my dress to be formal looking. I wanna be comfortable too!! I need something that will move with me, especially since I will be walking in the sand all night. I want something simple flowing, something I can dance in and have fun all night. I saw a nicole miller that I liked. I found a maggie that was simple. I went to this website called edressme.com and they had a couple cute white dresses. I dont wanna pay a lot of money for it cause I am still unsure if I want to do a TTD session.
                    Have you decided about your hair? I would like to do braids, but I will probably just curl my hair and put a pretty flower in it.
                    The website of the WC who will be helping me is Weddings Isla Mujeres Mexico, Your seaside wedding is customized, wedding parties, or intimate private ceremonies, creativity and ambience for the perfect wedding experience..

                    #160 BillysBride

                    BillysBride
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,255 posts

                      Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ebredhawk
                      savannah that sounds like an AMAZING deal on your dress! thank goodness for ebay! you will have to let us all know when you get it and how it looks!

                      questions for you ladies with dates earlier in 2010... have you been able to start getting your guests booked and have your airfare prices been okay so far? i'm sooo anxious to get prices and get everyone rolling so i just want to know what i'm in for! i JUST started my DIY boarding pass invites too and i hate waiting for prices to send them out... patience is overrated!
                      As far as I know, airfares for...like through mid February are out, but not anything beyond that. I did a search the other night out of sheer boredom, trying to see what things look like. The wierd part is that they always claim the further out you book, the better off you are, but I dont know if that's necessarily true. Granted, you can't depend on late deals, but still....I don't think 90 days out or so is really "late". The only thing that would keep me from waiting that long is if we were booking a package deal and needed to confirm room types in advance. Dunno..it's all so much to try to be mindful of.

                      Birmingham- I was sooooo determined to have a Maggie. I love her dresses and they are so flattering on all body types (I'm one that wants that extra suckage for the waistline:)). The one I ended up getting isn't quite a Maggie, but the designer was head designer for Maggie Sottero for ten years...so I count it as one. Definitely looks very similar to her style and has the corset back.

                      Oh, and there are soooo many girls here on the forum who wore all kinds of dresses with their grooms not in suits. My guys are wearing linen pants and long sleeved shirts too! And my dress isn't poofy but it's definitely wedding'ish. Wear whatever you want! The only thing I'm really worried about is the heat..I loathe being hot, I swear I do. (yea, why is this chick going to Mexico? lol) and I definitely "glow" in the heat...in layman's terms, thats SWEAT. So I'm checking out the boards here for all kinds of tips and tricks on how to deal. I don't *think* the dress will be stifling, but it's hard to tell.

                      Maggie has lots of simple dresses and you should check out the Sophia Tolli site!Wedding dresses and designer bridal gowns by Sophia Tolli I think the best thing to do is always find the style you like and then start bargain hunting. I just got to the point where I knew I couldn't/wouldn't pay full price for a gown if I could help it..they are so freakin expensive! And I'm a complete amateur about what's expensive and what's not, so I honestly didn't care about the label. I just liked Maggie's because of the fit. But yea, Ebay, bestbridalprices.com, thebridalshop.com...they all have great deals.

                      Hair...ugh. I don't know. On the one hand, I want it up with lots of dangly, whispy tendrils hanging down. That would be cooler for sure. On the other hand, I want it wild and wavy/curly...that could be hot AND hot-sexy. lol Are you an AA bride too? We had a whole thread going for a while last year about Afr. Amer brides and hair..it got in depth. lol
                      Savannah

                      http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users