Photo

Do you send AHR STD or just AHR invites?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

Hi all,
    We are having a huge AHR a little over 1 month after we get back. The initial guess is somewhere between 100-200 people for AHR. Of those people only 20 will be invited to the wedding.

I am doing boarding pass STD's for those attending the wedding. Should I also do a second set of STD's for those we are only inviting to the AHR? Or do I only send out the AHR invite to them? Also does the AHR only invite need to be sent out after we are married and be worded as an announcement also? I am not exactly sure when those need to be sent out.

Thanks ladies, you are the best!! Carla

#2 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

I would only send out AHRs if the event is really far away, like 6 months or more. I don't think there is much point if you are only sending them out like 2 months before the invites, people might find that silly.

Personally, I just sent a mass email to warn people about the date and stuff in advance and told them a formal invite would follow. But people in our families and friends don't do STDs, I actually never heard of them before joining the forums!

#3 adias.angel

adias.angel
      • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SunBride
        Personally, I just sent a mass email to warn people about the date and stuff in advance.
        Thanks for the input. We have a good number of family that are not.... well computer savvy. Which is why I have to mail something, even if it is just an invite.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

I did boarding pass STDs and the last page was about my AHR. I sent these out to all of my guests, those I knew were attending the wedding and those that couldn't travel.

Your AHR invites need to go our 6-8 weeks before the event.

Since ours went out before the wedding the wording was:

Erin and Mike will be married in JA on June 21.

Please join us in celebration upon our return July 26.

#5 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

DOH! I just noticed I put this in the wrong forum. Mod could you please move this to the STD & Invite forum? Thanks, Carla

#6 hmj

hmj
            • 78 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

I do not think AHR STDs are necessary. Between word of mouth and the actual invite, I think you'll be just fine. I plan on sending out the AHR invites in April, probably the weekend before we leave for the wedding or when we get back. Our AHR is June 20.

#7 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

I don't think you need AHR STDs either. I've never received one for a local wedding before.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users