1814 replies to this topic

#1231 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Gail - for you!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I would ask them to cover up that fridge in the background, I should have though of that but I didn't even realize it was there until it was too late. Can you rent the whole thing out so you can have a private reception? That would probably be best.

#1232 Gail

Gail
    • 358 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

so you had your there? was it private?
      Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#1233 LDeeken

LDeeken
      • 200 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

Stina your pictures are beautiful!! I loved your cake! Did the resort do that or did you get it from somewhere else?

I can't wait to read your review too. Now that I'm in the planning stages it's so nice to read about everyone's experiences and get some ideas for our wedding.

Thanks so much!!

#1234 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

Gail - We didn't have a private reception, in hindsight, I think it would have been a good idea but it wasn't that busy at the steakhouse during our reception and other diners were really sweet, congratulating us and stuff.

#1235 mxbride789

mxbride789
          • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

paraisobeachbride2009, were you seated in a somewhat semi-private back area of the steak house? was the restaurant a trek from the gazebo where you got married?

#1236 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mxbride789
              paraisobeachbride2009, were you seated in a somewhat semi-private back area of the steak house? was the restaurant a trek from the gazebo where you got married?
              No, actually we were smack dab in the middle of the steakhouse lol! It was a little weird being in the middle and having a non-private dinner with a bunch of onlookers. The steakhouse is very far from the gazebo. The gazebo is just off of the theater (near the lobby) and the steakhouse a la carte is down by the beach practically.

#1237 Stina168

Stina168
              • 170 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LDeeken
                Stina your pictures are beautiful!! I loved your cake! Did the resort do that or did you get it from somewhere else?

I can't wait to read your review too. Now that I'm in the planning stages it's so nice to read about everyone's experiences and get some ideas for our wedding.

Thanks so much!!
                Thank you! I heard the resort cakes didn't taste so great, so we went with an outside cafe called Pasteleteria. You can email Catalina at ventaspastel@hotmail.com. She doesn't always respond too quickly, but for the most part she had everything covered. The cake was similar to what I asked for, but the fondant and colored icing was melting in the heat! Also, I was expecting real pink roses on top of the cake, but to my surprise they put fake ones on there! I didn't really care at that point though. They have one location in Cancun and one in Playa. We did a cake tasting a few days before the wedding and their cakes were pretty darn good. And their cafe was super cute! I also heard Turtle Bay Cafe was good for cakes as well, but I haven't personally tried their food or cakes.

#1238 noelynn

noelynn
                • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Stina168
                  Hi girls! I'm in the process of writing my review of my wedding at the Del Mar...I hope to have it up in the next week or so. In the meantime, I put together a condensed version of our professional pics from the wedding. I tried to include a little bit of everything so you can see different parts of the wedding, including hair, flowers, decorations, etc. We had the reception in the gazebo and had the cocktail hour on the terrace of the Tropical Restaurant and had the reception inside the Tropical Restaurant. Everything turned out amazing! Let me know if you have any questions! Stina168@aol.com

Kodakgallery.com: Slideshow

You may need to set up a login to view these, but it's free. Hopefully this link works!
                  Stina,
                  You looked great! Great pics!! Where did you get the brownies from? Cute idea!! How did you know what to put on the fan programs for the ceremony? Did you make them yourself?

Thanks,
                  Noel

#1239 noelynn

noelynn
                  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dbellie1414
                    we just repeated the judges vows no writting of our own.... No readers either just did the basic civil legal ceremony. it took all of 10 minutes (15 if that)!
                    Thanks! And thank you for sharing your wedding experience, very helpful!! I love seeing how everyone's wedding turns out!! Just beautiful! :-)

#1240 noelynn

noelynn
                    • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

Does anyone have a map of the Del Mar they can share?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users