Photo

Charge to bring your own decor items?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 edssbride09

edssbride09
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

Is it customary to be charged to bring your own decorations to your DW? When I mentioned to my WC (who is fabulous) that i was planning to bring some decorations, she said that wouldn't be a problem but there would be a $5/per person charge... It isn't a lot of money, but we are having over 50 people so that is $250 wasted.

I just sent her an email clarifying this because it isn't listed anywhere as a potential charge... should i "fight" this, or just let it go?

Thanks!

#2 pryzeless

pryzeless
    • 614 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

I am getting married at the EDR and they charge $5 to set up your decor. So if you have someone to do it, there should not be a charge.

#3 edssbride09

edssbride09
      • 233 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

I think i must have misunderstood. To me it would be worth the charge to pay the $5/pp fee for setup, but i had assumed that it was just to bring it and we had to set it up ourselves.

I am sure my WC will clarify that... thanks!

#4 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
        • 514 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

Wow, this is the first time I hear of any charges to set up decor items! I never even thought of asking my WC if there is a charge at Riu for this! I just assumed she would do it as long as I have my decor ready and give her examples of how I want it set up. Now I'm a little worried because I have about 50 guests too. I'm sending her an email right now....

#5 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

At Dreams Tulum they will set up whatever you bring for free! Then again, they are known for being lenient about extra charges and stuff like that.

I think it's reasonable for them to charge you if they are doing the work, but not if one of your guests is doing the set-up for you and it doesn't affect the wedding coordinator at all.

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

I think it's fine if it's just a setup charge, i think the $250 would be worth it knowing you wouldn't have to worry about it yourself.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users