42 replies to this topic

#31 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Heather*
    I totally agree. The only thing I get is whether there is a splash or no splash...but sometimes they say the synchronization is great, when it looks like crap?
    Yeah, sometimes i think it's crappy too and the announcer thinks its great.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#32 amyrak

amyrak
    • 469 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

FI and I are so addicted to the Olympics I DVR everything and then watch it back. I fast forward thru a lot but it's fun to watch it all. I pretty much haven't slept in 4 days though..ha I need to get caught up.

#33 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

Dontcha love DVR, it's the best
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#34 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

LOL about the synchronized diving, I thought the same thing. It is interesting, but confusing at the same time.

#35 Elizabeth

Elizabeth
          • 100 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:58 PM

I am crazy about the Olympics! For some reason we got about 5 new channels when they started that are just olympics. One is basketball 24 hours.
            I was standing up screaming at the TV during that relay! The prelims were in Omaha and it is so cool to see all the same people now in China competing with the whole world.
            PS I was so excited for Mexico to get their first medal last night in womens sync diving! I had my 2 year old chanting "go, mexico, go"!
            Elizabeth

#36 JBinjour

JBinjour
            • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

I am watching the Olympics. GOOOOO JAMAICA!!! My family is going crazy here and aboard.
              "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

http://ticker.7910.o....JpZWQgZm9y.gif
              http://tickers.Ticke....7aa9/event.png
              http://da.daisypath.com/FBj8m4/.png

#37 Infinity22

Infinity22
              • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by azhuskergirl
                I'm all over the Olympics. It's bringing back all the memories of the Salt Lake Games for me (my company sent me there to operate programs up there & I'm reminiscing about the Opening & Closing Ceremonies that I got to attend).

How can you not LOVE watching the swimming. Track & Field is going to be amazing, too! And I'm so proud of the men's gymnastics team. Go USA!!
                That's cool. Have you been to any other Olympics? What events did you go to while you were here?

#38 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
                • 361 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JBinjour
                  I am watching the Olympics. GOOOOO JAMAICA!!! My family is going crazy here and aboard.
                  Lol! They're my favourites too!

#39 PenMarie

PenMarie
                  • 133 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by luckygirl
                    On a positive note: GO MICHAEL PHELPS!!!! WHEW WHEW MARYLAND BMORE AREA!!!!! GO TOWSON!!!
                    luckygirl, I work in Towson...I remember about a year or so ago when they had the parade go through town for Michael, everyone put ribbons on their outside doors, and County Exec Jim Smith proclaimed it Michael Phelps Day!!!....how cool to have someone w/that kind of talent right here where we are! I can imagine Towson is gonna EXPLODE when Michael gets back to town!

#40 luckygirl

luckygirl
                    • 339 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PenMarie
                      luckygirl, I work in Towson...I remember about a year or so ago when they had the parade go through town for Michael, everyone put ribbons on their outside doors, and County Exec Jim Smith proclaimed it Michael Phelps Day!!!....how cool to have someone w/that kind of talent right here where we are! I can imagine Towson is gonna EXPLODE when Michael gets back to town!
                      That should be a fun party! We had a patient who said she felt special and kinda famous because she went to a party several years ago that he attended..lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users