Photo

I'm mailing my invites this week! So excited...take a look!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

Yep, I think that answers it. I'll find out when I start making my invitations in the summer - I might have to harass you later about it though.
    Also, I'll disregard your "messy" room if you disregard my amazing ability to not understand simple instructions and to make things more difficult than they actually are!!

:) Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#52 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

Wow there is so much detail in those Jess, Did you actually spend more on them versus what you would have paid if you purchased them from a vendor? You did a very good job.

#53 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
        Yep, I think that answers it. I'll find out when I start making my invitations in the summer - I might have to harass you later about it though.
        Also, I'll disregard your "messy" room if you disregard my amazing ability to not understand simple instructions and to make things more difficult than they actually are!!

:) Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
        No problem. I'm glad you got it. I'll be around in the summer to help...no problem.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TAMMYM
        Wow there is so much detail in those Jess, Did you actually spend more on them versus what you would have paid if you purchased them from a vendor? You did a very good job.

They actually averaged about $5.15 per invite not including extra stuff I bought. The vendor I was looking at with similar invites charged about $12 per invite, so I guess I saved money?? But, if I would've just got regular invites, I think I would have saved a bundle.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#54 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
        • 714 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

I really love them Jess! And pink! My favorite color! So dainty! I realize this must be a labor of love! But this is what makes weddings so fun! I wished I could do ours too!

#55 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

Ok Jess, I'm going to start my invites soon. I hope you don't mind if I pretty much completely steal your idea, I'm not that creative lol. I also don't know what mulberry paper is, so I'm off to the craft stores to look at some paper and maybe to some fabric stores for inspiration... questions definately to follow!!

I'll try to leave you alone as much as possible - I've already done some research on mulberry paper (apparently don't cut - moisten and rip!) - lol, but just an FYI, my questions get annoying after a while so I thought I'd give you some time to prepare for them!!!

Wish me luck! :)

#56 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

YAY!!! I know what mulberry paper is!!!!

Jess, I'm ready for measurements. What size of mulberry paper did you buy? Did you double side the invite, or one sheet of paper/invite? Some of the paper I looked at was incredibly faded on the backside, which might look weird, so I'd have to double side it I guess?

Thanks for your help!!!

#57 kay726

kay726
              • 218 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

Wow, those are really nice. Your guest will feel the love!

#58 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

WOW!!! Those are wonderful! I can't believe you made those yourself. I can see why they have taken so much time

#59 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
                  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:05 PM

Jessalyn,

Those are amazing!!!! I love the starfish. It is just so unique and different from any invitation I have ever seen. Your guests are going to be so excited!

- Katie

#60 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                    • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Quote:
                      Ok Jess, I'm going to start my invites soon. I hope you don't mind if I pretty much completely steal your idea, I'm not that creative lol. I also don't know what mulberry paper is, so I'm off to the craft stores to look at some paper and maybe to some fabric stores for inspiration... questions definately to follow!!

I'll try to leave you alone as much as possible - I've already done some research on mulberry paper (apparently don't cut - moisten and rip!) - lol, but just an FYI, my questions get annoying after a while so I thought I'd give you some time to prepare for them!!!

Wish me luck! :)
                      Quote:
                      YAY!!! I know what mulberry paper is!!!!

Jess, I'm ready for measurements. What size of mulberry paper did you buy? Did you double side the invite, or one sheet of paper/invite? Some of the paper I looked at was incredibly faded on the backside, which might look weird, so I'd have to double side it I guess?

Thanks for your help!!!
                      Wow, those are really nice. Your guest will feel the love!
                      Thank you! My guests did love them and thought they were special.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tvt
                      WOW!!! Those are wonderful! I can't believe you made those yourself. I can see why they have taken so much time
                      Jessalyn,

Those are amazing!!!! I love the starfish. It is just so unique and different from any invitation I have ever seen. Your guests are going to be so excited!

- Katie
                      Thanks Katie! They loved them....I'm just afraid that they're now expecting a really elaborate wedding too. :)
                      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users