Christmas 2007 Engagement Story

This is our engagement story, I just copy and pasted it off our website, so if your wondering why I'm referring to myself in the third person, that's why!

Jamie is crazy about Christmas and knew that he wanted to pop the question Christmas morning, but how...he tossed around a few possibilities and came up with the perfect plan.

Jamie and Lindsay had already come to an agreement that as this is their first Christmas spent in their own place, there had to be some ground rules. These rules stem from the stories of Jamie waking his entire family on Christmas morning before the sun has come up...every year. Lindsay loves Christmas too, but firmly believes in a good nights sleep and that Christmas isn't less special at 9 in the morning than at 6:30 in the morning...Rule #1 : Jamie is not allowed to wake Lindsay before 8am, a compromise for both. Rule #2 : Coffee should be brewing before gifts can be opened Rule #3 : Jamie had to take Bailey (our new 3 month old Boxer puppy) out for a pee before he wakes Lindsay up - three very reasonable rules in Lindsay's opinion.

Little did Lindsay know, Jamie had a surprise up his sleeve for Christmas morning...

He had prepared the living room by placing tiny tealight candles and stringing tiny lights all around the room, after being unable to sleep past 5am. He left Bailey and Lindsay sleeping while he prepared the room and then he was left waiting for 8am...not going to happen! So at 7am, he creeps into the bedroom to wake Lindsay up...he tells her that he has something to show her...slowly rolling over to look at the clock, Lindsay says firmly that it is not 8am and she will not be getting up for at least an hour. He starts insisting that she come see something, persuaded by his insistence, she pulls herself out of bed. On her way out of the bedroom she asks if he at least took Bailey out for a pee? He tells her he'll take him out in a few minutes...so far, two rules have been broken, so Lindsay's a bit grumpy at this point.

Luckily, this is where it takes a turn for the better.

Jamie was ahead of Lindsay, and leads her into the living room where she sees what he's been up to...it is beautiful, little lights hanging from the ceiling, several dozen candles and the sun rising outside the window...truly a sight to be remembered. As she takes it all in, Jamie gets down on one knee, opens the ring box and asks her to marry him! He said a few things, that neither one of them remember, but she said yes through tears and sleepy eyes. She was awake very quickly after that and obviously no longer grumpy. They both couldn't have been happier. Jamie took Bailey outside while Lindsay made coffee. They opened their gifts and got ready to tell everyone. They spent the day announcing the news and celebrating with both families. It was the best Christmas yet! How will Jamie top this in the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics