Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beebumble27

Beach Palace in Cancun???

Recommended Posts

Aww if you want chivari chairs, don't cross it off your list yet.  If you're doing a complimentary package and that the add on that you really want, you should have it! hahaha unless you've been adding on like crazy in every part of your wedding!

I'm SO happy I brought the chair bows as it added that punch of colour we needed for the ceremony.  After that I asked them to take them off the ceremony chairs and tie them onto the wooden ones in the Italian restaurant to match my table runners and centerpieces at dinner.

 

I'll have to upload some of my pics to a photobucket album so you can see more details of the wedding.

I was trying to cut costs left and right so I also did a false base for my wedding cake, so that I could have the look of a tiered cake, but not at the extra cost. (I think a large cake is around $150)  Also if you are having a private reception, the buffet menus come with a lot of dessert, so everyone doesn't always eat the wedding cake.

 

When is your wedding?? I hate that the new BDW format doesn't tell me all the B2B's wedding dates and locations, how can a spy and by excited about all the upcoming weddings?! :D
 

Originally Posted by Thisisit2011 View Post

That's exactly what I wantedt o hear Jackie!  I was thinking of bringing some decor with me, so its good to know that they are open to that.

 

I kind of have my heart set on chivari chairs, but seeing how beautiful your's looked with the bows you brought, I'm thinking why spend the extra money on that?
 

 

I'm so exctied!
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're all set for June 18, 2011.  We're expecting about 50-60 guests, so we'll have private functions and all that jazz.

 

Its cool to have private functions, not so cool to have to figure out how to pay for decor.  It also drives up the extras.

 

For example, I'm currently in the process of choosing between decor, extras like fire works for ceremony and fire dancers for rehearsal dinner, and a top quality photographer.  At the end of the day, somethings' gotta give.

 

Did you use the hotel's photographer or did you handle that another way?  Are you satisfied with your pictures?


 

Originally Posted by jackie_c View Post

Aww if you want chivari chairs, don't cross it off your list yet.  If you're doing a complimentary package and that the add on that you really want, you should have it! hahaha unless you've been adding on like crazy in every part of your wedding!

I'm SO happy I brought the chair bows as it added that punch of colour we needed for the ceremony.  After that I asked them to take them off the ceremony chairs and tie them onto the wooden ones in the Italian restaurant to match my table runners and centerpieces at dinner.

 

I'll have to upload some of my pics to a photobucket album so you can see more details of the wedding.

I was trying to cut costs left and right so I also did a false base for my wedding cake, so that I could have the look of a tiered cake, but not at the extra cost. (I think a large cake is around $150)  Also if you are having a private reception, the buffet menus come with a lot of dessert, so everyone doesn't always eat the wedding cake.

 

When is your wedding?? I hate that the new BDW format doesn't tell me all the B2B's wedding dates and locations, how can a spy and by excited about all the upcoming weddings?! :D
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm really interested in hearing about your photog selection as well. I'm set for 9/10/11 @ BP. And I would also LOVE to see more pics of the wedding details that you mention. And where can I find these chair bows to bring myself??

 

Thanks!

Ashley
 

Originally Posted by Thisisit2011 View Post

We're all set for June 18, 2011.  We're expecting about 50-60 guests, so we'll have private functions and all that jazz.

 

Its cool to have private functions, not so cool to have to figure out how to pay for decor.  It also drives up the extras.

 

For example, I'm currently in the process of choosing between decor, extras like fire works for ceremony and fire dancers for rehearsal dinner, and a top quality photographer.  At the end of the day, somethings' gotta give.

 

Did you use the hotel's photographer or did you handle that another way?  Are you satisfied with your pictures?


 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Laura,

 

Sorry for the delayed response. My life just became more chaotic - I started grad school so now I am working full time, in grad school and planning my wedding. Whew!!

 

Anyway, I also recently got some very bumming news that my photographer friend cannot attend my wedding bc it's his brothers wedding the same day!!! Booo! We may have another friend attend that is a photographer as well but I guess I need to look into what options I have if one of my guests is not a photographer. I may request sample photos from their current photographer and see what those look like.

 

As far as the wedding packages go, they have a few different selection that you can choose from that include everything for a price. Or you can opt for the complimentary ceremony and bring your own decor and select the other options that are important to you sort of 'a la carte'.

 

I've paid a deposit for one of the collections but I may reconsider - where can I find decor that I can bring on my own?? Just curious.


 

Originally Posted by lauraandmatt View Post

Ashley-

If you have a guest attending the wedding who is a photographer, I think that it's ok.  When I got married, I could have brought in a photographer only if the photographer was a guest staying at one of the palace resorts.  I'm not sure if I sent you all 300 photos, but most of them were taken in the room! Very tacky, in my opinion! Things may have changed.  It's great that you have a photographer as a guest. It's a guarantee that you will get some great photos! Prior to the wedding, I sent my onsite cordinator a list of photos that I wanted to have taken and all of them were disregarded!!   Another option, you can make plans with a photographer the day after your wedding to take photos of you guys. Some of the locals will make plans to have your hair and make up done again for the photos.  Just a thought...

 

I see that you are talking about the various packages that the resort offers.. That is new.  I was able to bring my own decorations for the wedding arch and the table and chairs.  Are they charging for that now?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fortunate and my big brother who has been a hobby photographer for the last 3 years came to my wedding and was able to do some shots of the ceremony.  I'm not one to pine over pictures so I didn't want getting ready shots, and the other traditional stuff! Actually, I didn't get my dress on until 5 mins to the ceremony, haha. My back-up would have been to get a small photo package from the hotel, but only b/c I wanted to keep my budget really small.  From what I've seen, there the classic posed shots, you're bound to get a few you love b/c the setting is stunning but if I had the choice and/or the money I'd get an outside photographer to be safe.

 

Some people have gotten away with getting them a day pass ($86) while others had to buy 1 or 2 nights stay, depending on their wedding circumstances.  At least that's what the Moon Palace brides say!

 

I bought my chair bows from: http://www.weddinglinensdirect.com/

If you do a quick search for chair bows on BDW though, you'll find a couple more well recommended sites from other brides.

 

Feel free to ask me any specific questions, I'm not sure how much generic info to share!

Here are a couple of our wedding pics and some of the sky terrace set-up for our wedding.  If you want more pics of something specific, please ask and I'll see what I can come up with!

 

47421_10150275694800553_579435552_14412508_8121202_n.jpg47206_10150275692925553_579435552_14412372_4329839_n.jpg

47206_10150275692930553_579435552_14412373_35993_n.jpg

47128_10150275693535553_579435552_14412414_4639165_n.jpg

This last one has the lagoon side in the back, so don't let anyone tell you it's ugly.  It's gorgeous!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyNicole View Post


I'm really interested in hearing about your photog selection as well. I'm set for 9/10/11 @ BP. And I would also LOVE to see more pics of the wedding details that you mention. And where can I find these chair bows to bring myself??

 

Thanks!

Ashley
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey AshleyNicole.

 

Depending on the cost for the hotel to provide it I'm planning on bringing some decor stuff as well.  There are lots of places to look for stuff but I think Jackie's recomendation to look see what brides on the boards recommend is best.

 

You could also go to a fabric shop and make stuff yourself if you're crafty.

 

As for photographers, my Miami wedding coordinator said I can bring in a photographer for the day if I buy a day pass for them.  So you'll have lots of options.  The brides on this boards have written extensively about ones that they like.  I started my reasearch ehre on teh this board and also checked out http://www.wpja.com/  Alot of the better photograpehrs are members of that assocaition.
 

Originally Posted by AshleyNicole View Post

Anyway, I also recently got some very bumming news that my photographer friend cannot attend my wedding bc it's his brothers wedding the same day!!! Booo! We may have another friend attend that is a photographer as well but I guess I need to look into what options I have if one of my guests is not a photographer. I may request sample photos from their current photographer and see what those look like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackie you look beautiful!  I am so inspired by your look.  I was so afraid that my dress was going to be too formal  and out of place for a destination wedding.  But now seeing how beautiful you looked, I'm totally psyched!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackie_C,

 

How far in advance of the wedding did you arrive?  I was just starting to think of the logistics of carrying linens and decor stuff and getting all that stuff situated and carrying to OOT bag stuff and getting bags stuffed and delivered before guest arrive.

 

How much time do youthink it would take and do you think my fiance and I could carry all that stuff with us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually ended up arriving much earlier than most of our guest.  We got in on a Thurs, and almost everyone came Mon.

Our meeting w/ the wed. cood.  was like an hour after we checked in though, so I scrambled to put all the photo props, chair bows, centerpieces, etc.  But if I forgot anything, I'd just stop in the next day and drop it off to her.

 

I left assembling OOT stuff until the DAY everyone got there, but it only took like half an hour, and me and my bro assembled them while sitting on the deck loungers and having cocktails, it was fun! I'm just a procrastinator and should have done it the day before.

 

I carried all the stuff with us, it mostly fit into a huge duffel bag that we checked on the plane.  The travel mugs took up so much space!  I ended up smooshing all my clothes into a carry-on since all the OOT stuff was the checked bag.  It was nice to be able to put my dress in the duffel and not have to lug it on the plane on the way home (though everyone treats you great 'cause you're a bride!).  We only had 17 guests, so it was managable to bring everything ourselves, but anymore that 17 and I think I would've needed help from friends or family.  I'm just never really ask for favors!  I wanted to keep all the OOT stuff a surprise too, that might be why we decided to take everything ourselves too.

 

The wedding coordinator there is amazing and can do whatever you need her to.  She's quick and good at communicating, so that should make your wedding go smoothly, which is always a big comfort.
 

Originally Posted by Thisisit2011 View Post

Jackie_C,

 

How far in advance of the wedding did you arrive?  I was just starting to think of the logistics of carrying linens and decor stuff and getting all that stuff situated and carrying to OOT bag stuff and getting bags stuffed and delivered before guest arrive.

 

How much time do youthink it would take and do you think my fiance and I could carry all that stuff with us?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's good ladies?  No action on this thread lately.  The Save the Dates are in the mail!  The contract is signed!  The website is up and running!  Photographer chosen! And we are thrilled!woot.gif

 

What's good with the rest of you Beach Palace Brides? thewave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi All, I have just gotten in touch with a TA and we are in the process of getting quotes for our wedding in either DR or Mexico. Now she said something that I wasn't  aware of and I wonder how others handled this as I just can't believe that we are the only one in this situation. We feel we are asking our guests already a for a lot to come a long way to our wedding (our guests come from Canada and Germany) and there are a few that wouldn't want to miss it (like my partner's brother) but they just don't have a lot of money. Our budget doesn't allow us to chip in for flights and accommodation so we are basically asking everyone to save up money for our big event. Now we are planning the wedding at a resort that I know some of our guests can't (or don't want to) pay for. We were hoping to find a place where guests have the option to book themselves a cheaper hotel or an AirBnB nearby and only come to our wedding. Our TA told us that the resort might not allow that or only for a limited percentage of our guests. That is terrible news for us! I think that a good 50% of our guests will also stay at the resort for one, two or even three weeks but how can we 'force' other people to stay at the hotel of OUR choice?  I get that the resort would charge a fee for day guests and obviously we expect to pay for food and drinks but I didn't know that we would have to agree to a certain percentage of the guests staying at the resort. I don't feel we have control over that. How do others handle that?
    • Getting married in 10/2020, anyone had a recent wedding here? Asking for some help
    • Hi, I know prices change year to year- Anyone have 2019 or possibly 2020 prices? 
    • My husband and I was married 18 years ago. My husband hates dressing up and truly I had no idea to that he feels embarrassed in dress attire. I told him the only way I would marry him was in tux jacket and pants shirt. Well he wore it but after wedding hyperventilating and nearly passed out. He felt totally humiliated and had horrible memories of our wedding. He has never allowed me to show our wedding photos to anyone and simply it ruined the wedding and has caused tremendous amount of issues over the years due to the fact I made him wear it. He now wants to redo the wedding to wash out our wedding memories and create new. Wants briadsmaid groomsmen everything. He wished he had simply went against my will wore something different. So wants to redo everything included everyone and what they wore but change what he wore. Me dressed in my original wedding dress. I so wish I had never posed him into a suit on our wedding day.its been 18 year nightmare.  He simply wishes to completely recreate a memory. My question is it okay to completely redo our wedding exactly the way it was except what he wears? This has been 18 years of hell he xant get over it. He cant even stand to look at photos and we have never watched the video. Thank you all Sarah 
    • Hi! How did everything turn out? I just booked mine there for next November and would love any tips you have! 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...