legal ceremony ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccwinn

• 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

In order to get married in Cabo you have to have an apostille accompanying your birth certificates and then have them translated. Does anyone know how to translate the documents? Do I have to go through a legal translator or can I just translate them myself or have some I know who speaks spanish translate them?

#2 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

I believe they have to be done by a legal translator. When we were looking into getting the documents done for our Dominican wedding, we had to send all our paper work to the Dominican consulate and pay to have it done.

Maybe some other Cabo brides could help you answer that a bit more, but that is what I found for the Dominican. That is also why we decided to do the legal ceremony here before getting married down there, so we could avoid all the legal paperwork for down there.
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

My understanding is that you have to get them translated where you are getting married.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#4 joyanna09

• 30 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

Hey I know this is an old thread, but just wondering what you found out for translating your documents, or if you even had to translate them??!
          I had our birth certificates notarized and then was going to get them authenticated if needed....
          If you know what I need to do please tell me!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users