Photo

Tanning...

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 mlabbe

mlabbe
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

So, I've heard different takes on this, but if I leave in 1 month, how often should I go (lie-down bed) to get a base tan (not a crazy tan)? I've been told just a few times a week to every day of the week... I'm confused!

#62 HereFishie

HereFishie
    • 386 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

Every 2nd or 3rd day, low on the minutes should get you a decent base. That's how I've always done it and it helps me not burn when I get down there.

#63 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
      • 291 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

I am a little irregular right now, but when you're starting they told me most people go 2 days on and 1 day off, and I'm only at about 7 mins. I've gone 4 times, starting to see a change but nothing too crazy. I think if you go 3-4X/week you should be good (maybe even less near the end, like 2X/week)

#64 purpleshells

purpleshells
        • 338 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

2 1/2 weeks now...still just freckles on face..body is as white as a ghost!

#65 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
          • 829 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

Re: lotions

Yes, you can use your own lotions (i.e. the cheaper one from walmart) its just a way for you to buy theirs lol! I never knew this either, until I worked there! They won't damage the beds don't worry.

#66 purpleshells

purpleshells
            • 338 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

which one is good at walmart?

#67 dianep

dianep
              • 532 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

i started tanning about two weeks ago. i'm about 6 sessions in and i'm not ghostly white anymore, yay! not tan yet by any means, but i just might be able to sport bare legs in another week without scaring everyone around me!
                http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#68 mlabbe

mlabbe
                • 784 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Thank you ladies! I'll get started asap if I don't want to glow with paleness!

#69 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
                  • 295 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by purpleshells
                    which one is good at walmart?
                    I just bought Banana Boat ... haven't tried it yet but Ill keep you posted!!

<---- lol, this guy is cute!!

#70 donutdjn

donutdjn
                    • 419 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Im in the UK so the sun has only just started to shine this week, so, i'm thinking that by July i may have a nice colour if I manage to make the most of it at weekends and tan carefully, I tried on my dress in February (in the snow) and got a light as you can fake spray tan and it looked lovely so I'm thinking of having one again in July a day or two before we fly on the saturday, wedding is on the wednesday. the first few days i would be panicking in the sun in case i get strap marks so a fake tan for me - a very light one to give me some colour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users