• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

hi kara,
    i emailed you. :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kara&Ryan
    Hi Katrina,
    Thanks for all the great info so far. Could you please email me any extra info you may have from your wedding. My address is
    Kara,
    Hi, I am getting married at the Riu Yucatan in Nov. could you update me on any info you have for your wedding so far. I have not got anything from the hotel except the date and time. Where in the resort are you getting married? How many people are coming to your wedding? There seems to be very few of us at the Yucatan.
    Thanks,
    Tamasin

#52 brit11898

brit11898
    • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

Hey All-

Katrina I am curious about the switch to a religous ceremony... We are having a quick legan ceremony before we go and picked the symbolic ceremony- but we want to say vows as well- did you end up going with the religious after all? And did it cost more?
      thanks!!

#53 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

we went with the religious ceremony and supplied our own vows. if you do the civil or the symbolic you cannot change the vows. and no it didn't cost anymore.

#54 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
        • 44 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it!
          [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
          May 20, 2009
          Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
          Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#55 KimmyG

KimmyG
          • 520 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by katrina
            we went with the religious ceremony and supplied our own vows. if you do the civil or the symbolic you cannot change the vows. and no it didn't cost anymore.
            Hi Katrina, thanks for all of your info!
            I'm in the same boat you were in terms of the ceremony: We will be legally married before we get to Mexico but we want our guests to believe that the Riu ceremony is the real thing. We also don't want it to be too religious, we do want it in English, and we don't want to get blood tests/legal paperwork in Mexico. With your religious wedding: was it very religious? In english? Did you have to get bloodwork?
            How about the option of a "vow renewal" wedding? Did you look into this?

#56 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

it's called a "religious" ceremony, but that's very misleading. you can supply your own vows (in english) and the minister will read them. no one has any idea that ours wasn't legal and we just used the vows from las caletas, which are really beautiful. i don't recommend the vow renewal wedding as you can't change the vows and it's very obvious that it's just a recommitment ceremony, not a wedding. hope that helps..
              Hi Katrina, thanks for all of your info!
              I'm in the same boat you were in terms of the ceremony: We will be legally married before we get to Mexico but we want our guests to believe that the Riu ceremony is the real thing. We also don't want it to be too religious, we do want it in English, and we don't want to get blood tests/legal paperwork in Mexico. With your religious wedding: was it very religious? In english? Did you have to get bloodwork?
              How about the option of a "vow renewal" wedding? Did you look into this?

#57 KimmyG

KimmyG
              • 520 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

I googled wedding vows at Las Caletas and couldn't find anything.... is there a link to the vows here on the forum?
                Also, did you have to do the blood test for the religious ceremony? I'd be a big bruise in a wedding dress, haha

#58 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,328 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

send me your email address and i'll send the vows, and nope, no blood test required. :)

#59 KimmyG

KimmyG
                  • 520 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

Thanks, Katrina, you're fantastic!!! I'm GeminiGem615@aol.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users