Photo

To those who got married legally before Cabo- BIG QUESTION

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 meagan

meagan
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:11 AM

I actually have an answer because I asked the same question. It wont have an impact on passport and travel stuff as long as you dont change your name or anything like that. Im going to do the legal day a couple days before I leave for cabo, so I wouldnt have time to do name change and stuff even if I wanted to.

Do the legal stuff, go away like normal, then do all the name change stuff when you return. (I hear it takes time and energy anyway)

#22 JoLo908

JoLo908
    • 889 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

Thanks Meagan... Yeah, I don't even know the whole name change process, all I know is one of my friends said it took a while because you have to change everything over ( I am a full time student too, and as most know, even having the same name is a nightmare! lol) But thank you so much for the info. We will have to set a legal date!

#23 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
      • 141 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi there...

Yes, You can go to City Hall or (Registro Civil), and have your wedding there, is a small Government Office, with a "kindaworking" Air Condition Unit, but You can absolutely go there, and of course, It's even more budget friendly than having the Judge go to any of the Beautiful locations We have down here; as far as I know, there's no dress code to have your papers singed.

Good Luck

#24 Marty20

Marty20
        • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

I am so glad to hear that this is totally an option!! i was a bit concerned when I started diving into the legalities in Mexico and really do not want to worry about things not being official right then and there!!

#25 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

We are considering do this also my grandmother is ill and will not be able to travel and we would like her to be apart of our wedding so we will do the legal cermony here then the big one in Mexico!!
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users