Coral Centerpieces?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase fake coral large enough to use as a centerpiece ( I would prefer it to be tan or white colored )? I would much rather buy it at a store and not online, so if anyone has seen them at any stores, can you tell me where? Here's an example of what I'm looking for-

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
    • 514 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

Can one of the mods delete the other "coral" thread? My computer froze and when I restarted it seems as if I posted this twice!

#3 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Have you checked Michael's? I got some shells and stuff there, but I don't remeber if there was any large coral or not.
        My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#4 -Kate-

• VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:39 PM

I used coral in our centerpieces - got it all at Pottery Barn.

#5 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
          • 514 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

Pottery Barn, huh?! That's exactly what I need!! There's one not too far by my work, so I will look for it tomorrow! Thanks!

#6 savory

• 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

Beautiful centerpieces. Did you have any problems with the candles blowing out? I bought votives to place in votive holders, but am worried about the wind. What was your experience?

#7 syl1115

• 789 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

You may have a problem with Pottery Barn. They had a big sale not to long ago. I got the last of their large Sand dollars and sea urchins. I did not see any coral. Good luck I hope you get it. ITS GETTING CLOSE!

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#8 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

Several of the chain craft stores had coral this year but it may be too late in the season to get as many as you need. Try a ceramic studio, like color me mine or something. You can often get as many as you need and finish as you like. Or google coral mold and make your own.

#9 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                  • 514 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

I ended up getting some maybe a little less than a month ago at JCPenny. They were having a clearance on all their summer home decor and I found tons of coral for about $3 or $5, can't remember. But, it was a great bargain!!!

#10 TheTomato

• 45 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:43 AM

I have been searching too but have not found a thing anywhere around Philadelphia. I did, however, attempt to make some this weekend based on this article I found...
                      LIVING : Entertaining : Coral and Buffet Set-Up : DIY Network

I bought premixed stucco patch at Lowes and mixed it in a bucket with little bits of water until it formed a thick brownie batter consistency. Then we dipped the sticks in and smeared the goop on with rubber gloves. Some needed a second coat but they definitely look coral-like. I think if I tried wiring some together, dipping them again and maybe giving them a coat of paint, they would look more like the cluster kind like you posted.
                      I'm going to just put little pieces by candles and seashells on the tables. Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users