Cabo Bride!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

Hi all,
    I was on the cabo wedding forum, but never got around to introducing myself! My name is Meaghan, I got engaged in August in Napa, Ca. We live in Phoenix and we knew we wanted to do a destination wedding. Originally it was a toss up between Napa and Cabo...but the more we looked into Cabo (largely due to the cabo wedding forum) the easier our decision became. Our preliminary date is set for Spring 08 (It seems so far away~ especially b/c I think I have already tried on about 30 dresses! :) But we don't want to feel to rushed or stressed, and we are in the middle of building a new house so we decided better to have a longer engagement. As far as wedding location we are still not totally sure, we are taking a trip down to Cabo w/i the next few months to try and figure that out. We have been researching and leaning towards a villa in Pedregal!
    Brian and MeaghanCabo San LucasMay 2008

#2 Janet

• VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

Welcome, Meaghan! I love the idea of a villa in Pedregal. I recommend looking at www.cabovillas.com because they have experience working with brides. At the beginning of my planning process, I talked to them on the phone and they were so helpful. In the end, we had too many guests and would have had to pay a fortune to rent out on of their huge villas, but if your wedding is medium/small it could be great.

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

Hi Meaghan,

therea re a few 2008 brides here! that is exciting about your recon trip...kashmira just went down and had some really helpful tips.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 KristinaM

• VIP Member
      • 3,082 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

Welcome Meaghan!!

I'm getting married in 2008 also.. probably in the June/July range. It does seem so far away, but I had the same feelings of not wanting to feel rushed... and trying accomodate the ones still in or teaching school.

I'm sure before we know it will be here!

#5 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

Welcome to the board. I'm getting married in June 07, on Pedregal beach. I heard it's very pretty there. As you already know, this board will help you out a ton in your planning. Just ask away.

#6 NABUMBAH

• VIP Member
        • 931 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

Welcome & Congrats! Where in Napa did you get engaged? I love it up there. We officially became re-engaged up there last March :)

#7 MLBURK

• 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

Napa is a beautiful place. He proposed to me at our resort The Carneros Inn, on the hill overlooking mountains and vineyards~ He did good :) I am so happy to hear there are others with "distant" wedding dates! But I am sure the time will fly!
            Brian and MeaghanCabo San LucasMay 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users