Newbie here.. torn between Vegas and Mexico!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

Welcome and good luck!

#12 Roxielees

• 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

We too struggled with the idea of Vegas or a tropical vacation mainly for cost reasons. This is how we made our decision...

If having the most people there with us as possible was the most important to us, then we would pick Vegas.

If having the wedding where we always imagined we would - on a beach overlooking the ocean - was most important to us then we would pick the tropical vacation.

We picked the tropical vacation, but if our brothers wouldn't have been able to afford the beach vacation, we might have changed our minds. Everyone's circumstances are different so our thought process may not help you too much.

Good luck in your decision.

#13 beachbride08

• VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by blairb
        My FI and I recently moved to Vegas (2 mos ago) and we love it here. Our family and friends are spread out around the US (Houston, New Orleans, Vermont, New Mexico, etc, etc), so no matter where we have it people will be flying.

We always dreamed of having our wedding in mexico (playa or cabo), but we're starting to second guess that lately with the ridiculous airfare prices! A houston-cabo flight is now around $850! I think on average if we went with an AI, our guests would spend $2,000 each coming to our wedding. We want a small wedding (around 50ish), but our extended family might not be too keen on spending that much ! Also, friends might not enjoy spending that much on coming to a wedding.. arg

Vegas isn't free, but flights are much cheaper, and there are so many more hotel options to fit into any budget.

Targeting a wedding next fall (Sept or Oct), so hopefully we decide the place soon!
        Welcome to the forum! You will find information on both locations which should help you decide. We are getting married in Riviera Maya since it was most cost effective for us and we could get more for our money in a beautiful setting than we could have gotten in the US. We also wanted to keep our guests to 50 or less and that is where we're at (we invited more than that). It sounds like you really want to have it in Mexico so I would say go with your gut and do what you want. If your budget allows you could always do a reception or something in Vegas afterwards.

#14 atlcatlover

• 101 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

My original plan was Puerto Rico where we got engaged, but we changed it to Vegas and couldn't be happier. We both love it there, and although we are going to miss the beach and the ocean we are still able to get married outside in a beautiful garden at Caesars. And it's cheaper so we are inviting a few more people.

As others have said, it's your day so pick what you want to do.

Happy planning!

#15 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

to the Forum and Happy Planning!

#16 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

Welcome to the forum and good luck planning.

#17 CTHawaii14

• 488 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:05 AM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning.

#18 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
                • 2,171 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

Welcome to the forum! It's a pleasure to have you join us!

#19 blairb

• 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for all the kind words! I look forward to looking at everyone's pictures and whatnot as I try to decide. I'll keep you guys posted. Good luck to all the August brides!

#20 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                    • 1,574 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:58 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! You should try PV - I checked and, while I don't know for next year, right now flights are around $500 round trip from Houston to here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users