Sign in to follow this  
MrsWtobe

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are just like the regular old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies, but with a bit of cornstarch the cookies come out really chewy. I've made them many times before and my students made them recently and they turned out amazing! (I'm a Family Studies teacher). Enjoy!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preparation time 15 min

Cooking time 8 min per sheet

Makes 3 dozen

2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour

2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch

1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda

1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt

1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips

3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar

1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar

1 egg

2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). In a medium-size bowl, using a fork, stir flour with cornstarch, baking soda and salt until evenly mixed. Measure out chocolate chips. Place butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth, about 1 min. Then beat in brown and granulated sugars until fluffy, about 2 min. Beat in egg and vanilla. Using a spoon, stir in flour mixture and chocolate chips just until evenly mixed.

2. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Scoop out about 1 tbsp (15 mL) dough and place on sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing at least 2 in. (5 cm) apart. Donâ€t press down. They will spread as they bake.

3. Bake, one sheet at a time, in centre of oven until cookies are golden around the edges, from 8 to 10 min per sheet. Remove sheet to a rack and let cookies stand on sheet about 2 min. Then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Once cool, cookies will keep well in a covered container at room temperature up to 2 weeks - if they last that long.

These sound soo good. Not so good for the diet I am on, but maybe if I use Splenda Brown Sugar, and light butter. lol will they still taste as good?

Mmm, thanks for sharing! I always buy soft batch from the store because I'm not the biggest fan of hard chocolate chip cookies (except for the ones they give you at Doubletree hotels...omg!).

I'll try this for sure!