Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWtobe

• 56 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

These are just like the regular old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies, but with a bit of cornstarch the cookies come out really chewy. I've made them many times before and my students made them recently and they turned out amazing! (I'm a Family Studies teacher). Enjoy!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preparation time 15 min
    Cooking time 8 min per sheet
    Makes 3 dozen

2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
    2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
    1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
    1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
    1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips
    3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
    1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
    1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
    1 egg
    2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). In a medium-size bowl, using a fork, stir flour with cornstarch, baking soda and salt until evenly mixed. Measure out chocolate chips. Place butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth, about 1 min. Then beat in brown and granulated sugars until fluffy, about 2 min. Beat in egg and vanilla. Using a spoon, stir in flour mixture and chocolate chips just until evenly mixed.
    2. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Scoop out about 1 tbsp (15 mL) dough and place on sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing at least 2 in. (5 cm) apart. Don’t press down. They will spread as they bake.
    3. Bake, one sheet at a time, in centre of oven until cookies are golden around the edges, from 8 to 10 min per sheet. Remove sheet to a rack and let cookies stand on sheet about 2 min. Then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Once cool, cookies will keep well in a covered container at room temperature up to 2 weeks - if they last that long.

#2 JulieG

• VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

These sound soo good. Not so good for the diet I am on, but maybe if I use Splenda Brown Sugar, and light butter. lol will they still taste as good?

#3 MrsWtobe

• 56 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

I think they'd be fine with the substitutions...I use light butter all the time. And I've heard that the Splenda Brown Sugar is good for baking too. Good luck!

#4 JulieG

• VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

Thanks, I will make them and tell you how they turn out.

#5 Christine

• VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:49 PM

stop tempting me...I am really trying to lose weight and they sound so so good.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

i am such a fatty...i bake with this french butter where the name literally translates to "more fat"..i am pathetic.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 angels_butterflies

• 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:00 PM

I can't wait to try this recipe. I am always in search for the best chocolate chip cookie. I like them chewy with a semi crunchy edge.

I'll try these tomorrow.

Have a great day.

#8 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:29 PM

Well my children will thank you!

#9 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:18 AM

yummy... I love chewy chocolate chip cookies!

#10 starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:06 AM

Mmm, thanks for sharing! I always buy soft batch from the store because I'm not the biggest fan of hard chocolate chip cookies (except for the ones they give you at Doubletree hotels...omg!).

I'll try this for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users